Spawned prefabs receive scene override on static setting

Emily

Hey there, 

I've been looking into the documentation and in the Forum here now for a bit, but so far I couldn't find a solution for my problem. 

I'm using Unity 2021.2.11 with GeNa Pro and the prefabs I'm spawning are receiving scene overrides for the static settings. They are no different from the setting in the prefab, but when I wated to change the setting on the prefab to - for example - static but "no batching static" the scene override stops me from actually having that setting in my scene. Am I missing a Spawner setting that stops static overrides? I tried with a new blank scene and had exactly this issue. 

Can anyone tell me where I can change this behaviour?
Thanks!

On 5/11/2022 at 1:30 AM, Emily said:

They are no different from the setting in the prefab, but when I wated to change the setting on the prefab to - for example - static but "no batching static" the scene override stops me from actually having that setting in my scene. Am I missing a Spawner setting that stops static overrides? I tried with a new blank scene and

Hey there @Emily,
Could you send me a screenshot of your prefab in the prototype section of your GeNa spawner with the 'Advanced' options enabled? I want to see the flag settings for that prefab. From memory, I believe they are set by the object itself.

Here's an example of what I need to see:
image.png

Hey there, 

thanks for your help! 

here's the screenshot
spacer.png

The GeNa settings do not follow my prefab settings. 
spacer.png

I think I did find my problem now: 
I believe my issue is when I add a prefab to a spawner it works fine. No overrides. But when I afterwards change the static settings in the prefab the settings in the spawner stay the way they were before which results in an override. So changing the prefab doesn't change the settings in the spawner. 
I hope I could explain it well enough... 

I don't know if this is wanted behaviour, but to me this is quite inconvenient. 

I'm looking forward to your answer! 

Hey, 

I just noticed that within one spawner the prefab settings and the spawner settings are identical, and yet I get overrides in the scene on the static setting. I believe there were no changes on the static settings of the prefab. So I'm confused now... 😅

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 11:19 PM, Emily said:

Can anyone help me?

Hi @Emily,

Could you please confirm if you are experiencing the same issue with the latest version of GeNa Pro?