Problems with latest Gaia Update

Laurel.H
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hello,

With the latest update to Gaia, Unity is now entering safe mode on launch and is presenting a number of errors.

https://postimg.cc/ThL2RsKs

Unity version: 2020.3.20f1

HDRP pipeline

I followed the steps in the update and removed the Time of Day folder first. Its still broke. I completely removed the Procedural Worlds Folder from the project and pulled a fresh import... and it still broke.

Hi Laurel,

For me, I did not delete any folders, I did go into the code and edit it slightly, I haven't had issues since:

I'm not sure if I have the authority to post the refactored code, but I can say, there is an if statement that can be removed which has fixed the issue in my project

14 hours ago, Ichabob Crane said:

Hi Laurel,

For me, I did not delete any folders, I did go into the code and edit it slightly, I haven't had issues since:

I'm not sure if I have the authority to post the refactored code, but I can say, there is an if statement that can be removed which has fixed the issue in my project

Hi,

I had a look at your post, but I am using the Gaia Pro version, so Im not sure if its the exact same issue.

Thank you though

So I'm not a developer of Gaia, but from the image you shared, I would say one of the scripts is there and one is missing and I would imagine that, the fact a script is missing could be causing issues; it appears that the time of day script is present but that there is a locked serialized field that does not have it's appropriate script meaning any reference to that component within the script would be pointing to a Null reference which does seem to relate to the error message you initially shared an image of ""HDPRWeatherVisualEffect" could not be found..." so I can only guess without looking at the programming, that there is a script called "HDPRWeatherVisualEffect" which is not present as it should be, but I should think, a moderator will have a look at this discussion soon and will be able to give you a solution 

Add GAI_PRO_PRESENT into your Script Directives in Project Settings. I had exactly this issue, and this fixed it for me. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mroshaw said:

Add GAI_PRO_PRESENT into your Script Directives in Project Settings. I had exactly this issue, and this fixed it for me. 

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. I go to my Project Settings and I have nothing called Script Directives. I have something called Script Execution Order and if I try to add a script to that the option for GAI_PRO_PRESENT does not appear. 😞

3 hours ago, Laurel.H said:

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean. I go to my Project Settings and I have nothing called Script Directives. I have something called Script Execution Order and if I try to add a script to that the option for GAI_PRO_PRESENT does not appear. 😞

17 hours ago, mroshaw said:

Ok, I finally found the area you were referring to and GAIA_PRO_PRESENT is already listed there

Hello I followed the instructions to update GAIA Pro 2021 and still got those errors. Can anyone show me how to fix GAIA?

It is not very clear for me...

Thank you

2 hours ago, Gustavo said:

Hello I followed the instructions to update GAIA Pro 2021 and still got those errors. Can anyone show me how to fix GAIA?

It is not very clear for me...

Thank you

Its still broken on my end unfortunately

@Gustavo @Laurel.H Please excuse the delayed response on this - I looked into this issue, and this is a bug in Gaia caused by the new HDRP Time Of Day system, since some parts and features of it require unity 2021.2 it creates compilation issues in earlier unity versions when HDRP is enabled. We should have a patch available for this issue shortly.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Peter said:

@Gustavo @Laurel.H Please excuse the delayed response on this - I looked into this issue, and this is a bug in Gaia caused by the new HDRP Time Of Day system, since some parts and features of it require unity 2021.2 it creates compilation issues in earlier unity versions when HDRP is enabled. We should have a patch available for this issue shortly.

That is great news, thank you. I'm looking forward to the patch 🙂

• Solution

@Laurel.H @Gustavo Here is the promised patch:

GaiaHDRPPatch.zip

You can unzip and then install the included .unitypackage via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package and install it over the existing Gaia version, that should fix the compile errors you encountered.
This patch will automatically be included in the next Gaia update.

11 hours ago, Peter said:

@Laurel.H @Gustavo Here is the promised patch:

GaiaHDRPPatch.zipUnavailable

You can unzip and then install the included .unitypackage via Assets > Import Package > Custom Package and install it over the existing Gaia version, that should fix the compile errors you encountered.
This patch will automatically be included in the next Gaia update.

Hmmm... the patch is unavailable. It won't let me download it.

"Oops!

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location."

15 minutes ago, Laurel.H said:

"Oops!

This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location."

Is it because I don't have an active subscription to the tool. Instead it was purchased directly through the Unity Asset Store. 😞

2 hours ago, Laurel.H said:

"Oops!

@Laurel.H Can you please try again? I changed permissions in the backend, so that you can download attachments in this section as a regular member as well.  I believe this was an oversight in the permission setup.

35 minutes ago, Peter said:

@Laurel.H Can you please try again? I changed permissions in the backend, so that you can download attachments in this section as a regular member as well.  I believe this was an oversight in the permission setup.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was able to download it, and i will test shortly 🙂 🙂 🙂

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Laurel.H said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I was able to download it, and i will test shortly 🙂 🙂 🙂

The patch worked, thank you again @Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The patch fix the other issues I was have, but now I have a new error. Using Unity 2021.3.2f1 with Gaia 2021.

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro\Scripts\Utils\ReflectionProbeManager.cs(140,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProceduralWorldsGlobalWeather' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

• Sad 1

On 6/9/2022 at 11:21 AM, farrart said:

Hi,

The patch fix the other issues I was have, but now I have a new error. Using Unity 2021.3.2f1 with Gaia 2021.

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro\Scripts\Utils\ReflectionProbeManager.cs(140,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'ProceduralWorldsGlobalWeather' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

same, also I don't understand @Peter response, it says the issue is from having a version of unity earlier than 2021.2 with HDRP I'm in unity 2021.3.4f1 LTS and i still got those errors.

Please excuse the delayed response on this - I looked into this issue, and this is a bug in Gaia caused by the new HDRP Time Of Day system, since some parts and features of it require unity 2021.2 it creates compilation issues in earlier unity versions when HDRP is enabled. We should have a patch available for this issue shortly.

Also if I only have Gaia, why am i seeing Gaia pro code and scripts in there?

Anyhow, would like to have given this tool a shot, unfortunately it doesn't work...

Hi @farrart @TheCaveOfWonders I reviewed this and I think this is the cause of why you are both still seeing errors after applying the patch:

5 hours ago, TheCaveOfWonders said:

Also if I only have Gaia, why am i seeing Gaia pro code and scripts in there?

The patch was created for Gaia Pro originally and contains Gaia Pro code - this is creating the follow-up errors when you install it in regular Gaia where those code fragments do not compile correctly. Could you please try to delete the folder

Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro

and then go to Edit > Project Settings > Player

image.png

and remove the entry "GAIA_PRO_PRESENT" from the scripting defines (select the entry, click on the small minus button to remove, then "Apply")

to see if this fixes the problem?