[Workflow] How to retain tags / layer assignment / naming via Gena Spawners

designleviathan
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

How do I ensure that Gena isn't renaming objects and retains both or either layers/tags of the original object. Currently everything is being set to 'default' and untagged regardless of prior settings which negates any time saved with Gena unfortunately because that must now be spent manually reassigning these things.

Is there a way to retain the way prefabs were setup before Gena Spawns them?

• Solution

You should be able to save the prefab tag and then ingest it into the spawner and its should maintain the layers and tags. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2022 at 8:09 AM, designleviathan said:

Ok I'll double check all of them. Maybe I have a bad override somewhere instead of a setting

Hey @designleviathan,

Could you confirm if what @Bryan mentioned, fixed your issue?

On 5/12/2022 at 2:12 AM, Manny said:

Hey @designleviathan,

Could you confirm if what @Bryan mentioned, fixed your issue?

My sincere apologies for this clogging up your guys ticket system - I thought I had replied already. Sorry yes it was fixed. I will close this out.

The answer was conflicting overrides (coming from a script which meant they were updated 'silently' until i traced it down)

• Like 1