Create Gaia world with multiple biomes

antonidiuss

Hello again! A follow on question from the one I raised earlier this month.

Is there a feature of Gaia that allows me to create a game world made up of multiple biomes? More than 2. With more ogranic look, but related to positions in the world? Like:

What if I want to generate world divided by areas and each area can have multiple biomes. For example, I want to set north region - is only "X > 5000" and in north region should be 4 biomes. Taiga, arctik, ice mountains and taiga with other trees. Can I use automatic generation or I should use stampers/biome generators by hand?

I read doc and watch video. But it is not covering my needs. 

To my knowledge there is no way to automate it being in a particular place on the map.  You can set any biome to local then use the scaling and move tools to put it where you want to spawn it.  If you want a more organic feel use an image mask at the Biome level, to give it a different shape and fading.  

you can overlap the biome spawn area's to get some crossover and blending, other than that you set up each biome the way you want it.

• Like 1

In addition to what Broudy has said: You can take a peek at the available masks in this article:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/populating_your_world/3-introduction-to-masks-r50/

(the different mask types are explained later in the article)
Any combination of these masks you can stuff in the biome controller, and all spawners that are part of that biome will then be restricted to that area only. So it is possible for example to put a height mask in there that only spawns on top of mountains, then that biome would appear on mountain tops only. To make the biome appear in a certain region only, you can use distance masks or hand-painted image masks.