First terrain tile deselects in runtime

Guidos

Strange this one; 

I have 3 x 3 tiled terrain. 

In runtime the first tile is deselected (the tick box at the top of the object's inspector) and so does not appear normally when in view from the character attached camera. 

I can select the game object in run time and it appears. 

If I do nothing and the character walks towards the terrain tile, they will fall off the world as it does not appear. 

Any suggestions / pointers gratefully received. 

10 hours ago, Guidos said:

Strange this one; 

I have 3 x 3 tiled terrain. 

In runtime the first tile is deselected (the tick box at the top of the object's inspector) and so does not appear normally when in view from the character attached camera. 

I can select the game object in run time and it appears. 

If I do nothing and the character walks towards the terrain tile, they will fall off the world as it does not appear. 

Any suggestions / pointers gratefully received. 

A few things here: 

1. If you are using Gaia Pro 2021 then you should be using World Streaming. 
Side note make sure that after your terrains are built that you add all the terrains to the build settings. 
This can be done by going to the Terrain Loading Manager - Terrains (in the inspector) Add scenes to build settings: 
image.png

Next when you are finished modifying your world you would want to unload all. 

Next check the Gaia Player in the Gaia Runtime- and Check the Terrain Loading Settings: 
image.png

You can modify the loading settings if you so wish depending on what you need. 

Next you can just click play and your terrains should load in after the loading screen. 
image.png

Thanks Bryan, some observations so far:

1)"..using world streaming" I possibly am but I can't see that as a setting / tick box anywhere right now. Can you let me know where that setting is please. 

2) The terrains were already added to the Terrain Loading Manager, I didn't need to manually add them.

3) "Next when you are finished modifying your world you would want to unload all."

If I unload the terrains they then aren't shown in the editor window and so when I press play, my character just falls through to the water. So they aren't loading. I always have to click on a spawner before I press play otherwise the terrain and biomes won't appear. 

4) I have unloaded and reloaded the terrains in the Terrain Loading Manager and pressed play but the first terrain again gets de-selected. While in runtime I can go to the terrain that is deselected and select it for it to appear always. 

Please see attached screen shots of Gaia Player and Terrain Loader .

Thanks

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 14.35.20.png

Shall I report this as a bug?

On 3/7/2022 at 10:36 PM, Bryan said:

A few things here: 

1. If you are using Gaia Pro 2021 then you should be using World Streaming. 
Side note make sure that after your terrains are built that you add all the terrains to the build settings. 
This can be done by going to the Terrain Loading Manager - Terrains (in the inspector) Add scenes to build settings: 
image.png

Next when you are finished modifying your world you would want to unload all. 

Next check the Gaia Player in the Gaia Runtime- and Check the Terrain Loading Settings: 
image.png

You can modify the loading settings if you so wish depending on what you need. 

Next you can just click play and your terrains should load in after the loading screen. 
image.png

On 3/8/2022 at 8:59 AM, Guidos said:

1)"..using world streaming" I possibly am but I can't see that as a setting / tick box anywhere right now. Can you let me know where that setting is please.

1. I can see that you are using World Streaming. For future reference so you know, in the Gaia Manager - Create World - The size of the world is determined if streaming is automatically enabled. 
Create terrain scenes - Unload Terrain Scenes - Floating point fix. 
These are all dealing with World Streaming. 

2) The terrains were already added to the Terrain Loading Manager, I didn't need to manually add them.

2. They do get added to the Terrain Loader Manager - but you would want to make sure they are included in the build settings. I would click this button here:
 image.png
Add Scenes to Build Settings- and then check your build settings to make sure they are there. This could cause you to fall through the ground if they are not there. 

3) "Next when you are finished modifying your world you would want to unload all."

If I unload the terrains they then aren't shown in the editor window and so when I press play, my character just falls through to the water. So they aren't loading. I always have to click on a spawner before I press play otherwise the terrain and biomes won't appear. 

Thats the correct way it should be. 
When you unload all and they are included in the buildsettings than the world should have any terrains in the editor window unless you click on the stamper, biome, etc then the terrains should re appear. 

I haven't seen the error for around 48 hours now. Ive ensured the terrains get unloaded and loaded and ensure the terrain loaders I am using such as biomes and spawners are set to either editor selected or runtime always (I don't fully understand the differences of these options yet).

So, so far, Im seeing the first terrain now go live and act the same way as the rest (turns off and on depending if the character can see the tile. 

15 hours ago, Guidos said:

I haven't seen the error for around 48 hours now. Ive ensured the terrains get unloaded and loaded and ensure the terrain loaders I am using such as biomes and spawners are set to either editor selected or runtime always (I don't fully understand the differences of these options yet).

So, so far, Im seeing the first terrain now go live and act the same way as the rest (turns off and on depending if the character can see the tile. 

Here is the documentation regarding this: 
Each one is explained here.