Sectr problems

Bharat Sharma

Hello 

I was using sectr and gaia pro 2021 and used Flora for grass but when I use sectr, Flora effect dissappear. Using 2020.3.29 (built-in). 

@Bharat Sharma The issue is most likely that when splitting up the master terrain, Sectr will not put the flora component on the smaller terrain tiles that is required for Flora to run properly. You would need to either run the Gaia grass spawner on the smaller terrain tiles, or copy both the Flora terrain tile and the terrain detail overwrite component from the original master terrain to the smaller terrains.

image.thumb.png.2fbc2c0385fa68a92b0b69374c410da6.pngCurrent setup 

image.thumb.png.a8a6b2d7b27a8f5645d9f6b5f484aa9f.png

After Split also houses and other objects disappear. After Placing the flora component to each terrain manually. Now it renders both normal grass and flora. Terrain tile size 512 each. @Peter @Bryan

@Bharat Sharma You would also need to copy the terrain detail overwrite component to the terrains, that is the one that would turn off the native unity terrain details in the scene when flora is running on a terrain tile.

image.png

The objects are still childs of the original master terrain, you would need to sort them into the correct sector by dragging and dropping them into the sorting box in the terrain window in sectr like so:
image.png

Hello, It's not working, the flora is not rendering properly. I copied both components. It might work properly on hdrp as flora is default render there but I m using  built-in pipeline. 

@Bharat Sharma

On 3/13/2022 at 4:30 PM, Bharat Sharma said:

Hello, It's not working, the flora is not rendering properly

Could you please detail what that means? Do you not get any details at all? Or does it render only a single vegetation item, or are there rendering issues?
When you run the scene, do you see one entry per Flora renderer as child of the terrain game object per scene? Can you please check if those renderers do have a mesh and a material assigned, and if they are set to "Source Data Type" = Detail and the Source Data Index points to a valid Index of the unity terrain details on the terrain?

image.png

Additionally, could you please check if you see any red errors in the inspector window when you select this shader? (Yellow Warnings are OK / to be expected, but a red would indicate a compilation issue with the shader)
image.png

image.thumb.png.1dfdd3a36e83a9192c1e8c7e6f67c4ac.png What I mean was sometimes it renders both at the same time while switching terrain. There is no shader error. Flora rendered grass was really looking great. (previously rendered grass as shown in the video,  No sector applied).