Gena doesn't conside flat terrain as valid placement target

berkeerem
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

I am encountering this weird behavior where GeNa only considers slopy terrain as valid placement target. So far I've tried these:

• Initially I discovered that my terrains are in a layer called "Terrain" but GeNa wasn't configured to react to this layer. I fixed that.
  • I've turned off all other objects and colliders. Just a Microsplat (converted after Gaia) terrain remains
  • I've turned off and on every single Placement Criteria and Spawn Criteria options.
  • This seems like a slope issue but turning off the slope consideration doesn't work either
  • Finally I've raised height just a tiny bit in a secluded area of the terrain. Then it started working. That made me thought if slope settings might be problematic.

I've attached the visual and the spawner settings.

What do you think might be the problem?

Screenshot_14.jpg

Screenshot_15.jpg

Screenshot_16.jpg

Hey there @berkeerem,

Could you let me know what your Gaia Sea Level is set to? From the photos it looks like the sea level is set to something significantly high.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @manny . Sorry for the delay. I wasn't able to get the notifications going 🙂 This terrain sits exactly at y = 0.

Do I understand it correctly then? GeNa will not spawn anything below the sea level.

If sea level = 0 and terrain base is also = 0, spawner will consider this as sea and won't budge.

• Solution

Hey @berkeerem,

Yes, you are accurate in saying that GeNa will not spawn anything below sea level if you have the 'Get Sea Level' option ticked that is.
image.png