Build not working

Mattis89

Hello! 

Okay, so to start with , here is my setup :

Using opsive character with terrain loader component and Gaia scene player component (I'm using Gaia scene player because I want the culling) . Both components is on the player 1 itself.

In runtime in editor , everything works terrains load and unload. 

In build the screens is black , no sounds.

I use developer build with only scripts build and debugger..  build successfully everytime, and no errors.

Okay so I 🤔 what the hell... 

I'm using no floating point fix because my map is small and it's turned off on terrain settings and no script on the terrains. 

So, when I have loaded all the terrains from all scenes and makes a build the loading screens is displayed - it loads...the character is falling , I can see the sky and sun and camera effects - no terrain , no trees nothing..  Wich is weird ? 

Okay, then I unload all terrains and build - just black screen, no loading screen, no sound... 

All terrain scenes  are in build settings , main scene at top containg Gaia Runtime and everything coming with Gaia (not Gaia player because I have my own, and only one camera) also , in Gaia manager I have the main scene in the main scene slot because there it says the main scene should be there cuz all magic happends there........

What could be wrong ?  I have tried with only my opsive setup and no generated Gaia world , and that works.....

@Peter

@Bryan

On 2/27/2022 at 10:51 PM, Mattis89 said:

Hello! 

Okay, so to start with , here is my setup :

Using opsive character with terrain loader component and Gaia scene player component (I'm using Gaia scene player because I want the culling) . Both components is on the player 1 itself.

In runtime in editor , everything works terrains load and unload. 

In build the screens is black , no sounds.

I use developer build with only scripts build and debugger..  build successfully everytime, and no errors.

Okay so I 🤔 what the hell... 

I'm using no floating point fix because my map is small and it's turned off on terrain settings and no script on the terrains. 

So, when I have loaded all the terrains from all scenes and makes a build the loading screens is displayed - it loads...the character is falling , I can see the sky and sun and camera effects - no terrain , no trees nothing..  Wich is weird ? 

Okay, then I unload all terrains and build - just black screen, no loading screen, no sound... 

All terrain scenes  are in build settings , main scene at top containg Gaia Runtime and everything coming with Gaia (not Gaia player because I have my own, and only one camera) also , in Gaia manager I have the main scene in the main scene slot because there it says the main scene should be there cuz all magic happends there........

What could be wrong ?  I have tried with only my opsive setup and no generated Gaia world , and that works.....

@Peter

@Bryan

@D_F

If you are using your own character, did you set the player to custom and then plug your character and camera into the Gaia Custom Player? 

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

If you are using your own character, did you set the player to custom and then plug your character and camera into the Gaia Custom Player? 

It's something more complicated , it's more and more customers that are having build issues... You should try to f around with Gaia a bit and use custom stuff and build, it feels like it's easy to brake if you unload or load many time and enable / disable floating points.... It's something wrong with the loader...

Try to have 2 loaders, terrain loader component and Gaia scene player component, if you remove one I don't think it's working Wich It should ? 🤔

7 hours ago, Bryan said:

Yes , I have actually followed the docs this time 🙂

For some reason my build works now, and I don't know why and that is irritating. 

Only 2 things I did and those can't have nothing to do with an build.

- Opened a fresh scene, played the same session, first time it freezed because I chose cancel when it asked me if I want to save scene, so something loaded at the same time I hit Play session (again). I waited a long time and it was just working and spawning etc... I didn't want to wait anymore because it felt useless, so I closed Unity a shitty way...

Then just opened my real scene , and deleted everything that had something to do with the test I didn't want to wait to finish.

And th second thing 

- I cleared grass, trees, game object (rocks)

And re spawned them... 

I saw something now I didn't notice before all this..

Culling and level of detail was "working" a bit wrong because you had to be close to every object and vegetation for them to be in highest lod. I'm using the Gaia player culling profile , how do I change them so it's better ? 

And the build worked , with the same setup as I mentioned in my post "Build not working" 

Why is this like this ? 

@Peter

@Adam

@Bryan

Also my quality level went to very low from ultra.. and now it seems stuck in build even if I set it to ultra the quality and lod is very low .

5 hours ago, Mattis89 said:

For some reason my build works now, and I don't know why and that is irritating. 

Only 2 things I did and those can't have nothing to do with an build.

- Opened a fresh scene, played the same session, first time it freezed because I chose cancel when it asked me if I want to save scene, so something loaded at the same time I hit Play session (again). I waited a long time and it was just working and spawning etc... I didn't want to wait anymore because it felt useless, so I closed Unity a shitty way...

Then just opened my real scene , and deleted everything that had something to do with the test I didn't want to wait to finish.

And th second thing 

- I cleared grass, trees, game object (rocks)

And re spawned them... 

I saw something now I didn't notice before all this..

Culling and level of detail was "working" a bit wrong because you had to be close to every object and vegetation for them to be in highest lod. I'm using the Gaia player culling profile , how do I change them so it's better ? 

And the build worked , with the same setup as I mentioned in my post "Build not working" 

Why is this like this ? 

@Peter

@Adam

@Bryan

The build could have just been corrupted for some weird reason. 

As far as setting up lods, you can select the original prefab and set these to your liking, we set defaults based off general settings. You would need to adjust them based off your needs. 

The draw distance I always change as well, the easiest way ( I believe you are using Gaia Pro 2021) which you can hit the f 11. 
You can change the Lod bias here which should change it for that scene. 
This is an easy way to adjust for a higher levels of LOD. 
image.png

Here you can change your grass settings as well: 
image.png

Here you can adjust the cull distance which I think will help you out a lot: 
image.png

The only thing to remember adjusting all these settings is this can cause performance issues. So I always adjust these and then test performance. 

Hopefully this helps.  

15 hours ago, Mattis89 said:

It's something more complicated , it's more and more customers that are having build issues... You should try to f around with Gaia a bit and use custom stuff and build, it feels like it's easy to brake if you unload or load many time and enable / disable floating points.... It's something wrong with the loader...

Not sure if it is the same issue, but if you are using Unity 2020.2.10 thru to 12 then please update to latest version. Unity introduced a bug that broke all our shaders. We have been told that it is fixed.

8 hours ago, Bryan said:

The build could have just been corrupted for some weird reason. 

As far as setting up lods, you can select the original prefab and set these to your liking, we set defaults based off general settings. You would need to adjust them based off your needs. 

The draw distance I always change as well, the easiest way ( I believe you are using Gaia Pro 2021) which you can hit the f 11. 
You can change the Lod bias here which should change it for that scene. 
This is an easy way to adjust for a higher levels of LOD. 
image.png

Here you can change your grass settings as well: 
image.png

Here you can adjust the cull distance which I think will help you out a lot: 
image.png

The only thing to remember adjusting all these settings is this can cause performance issues. So I always adjust these and then test performance. 

Hopefully this helps.  

Well I made 20 builds in different set ups so something I did fixed it ... Would be good to know what if it happens again 😜

Oh thanks alot! I didn't know that 😊 Everything seems to work now , I can't understand what happened and why it works now , I'm using Unity 2020.3 btw. Dont know if it's latest LTS but. Could be beneficial to update to latest LTS 2020.

8 hours ago, Adam said:

Not sure if it is the same issue, but if you are using Unity 2020.2.10 thru to 12 then please update to latest version. Unity introduced a bug that broke all our shaders. We have been told that it is fixed.

Thanks Adam! But I'm using 2020.3 , don't know if it's latest 2020 but maybe I should update even so.

The error message still appears if I go to Gaia manager - Build and deploy , then that's empty and error appears. When I try to click on something...

NullReferenceException

UnityEngine.Object.get_name () (at <c7864a0eaeb24b2a999fb177623d54b4>:0)
Gaia.TerrainLoaderManager.<UpdateImpostorStateInBuildSettings>b__116_0 (Gaia.SceneBuildEntry x) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/TerrainLoaderManager.cs:1320)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].Find (System.Predicate`1[T] match) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
Gaia.TerrainLoaderManager.UpdateImpostorStateInBuildSettings () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/TerrainLoaderManager.cs:1320)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.DrawBuildAndDeploy (System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:2355)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, UnityEngine.GUIStyle labelStyle, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (System.String nameKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean defaultStatus, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.BuildAndDeployTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:663)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Tabs (PWCommon5.TabSet tabs, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.StandardTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:1105)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Tabs (PWCommon5.TabSet tabs, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:3783)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <e09fc44b2b464346872ad04477f51ab1>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <e09fc44b2b464346872ad04477f51ab1>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <e09fc44b2b464346872ad04477f51ab1>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUIRaw (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus, System.Boolean verifyBounds) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUI (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus, System.Boolean verifyBounds) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.CallbackEventHandler.HandleEventAtTargetPhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseCaptureDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ApplyDispatchingStrategies (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, System.Boolean imguiEventIsInitiallyUsed) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEventQueue () (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.OpenGate () (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcherGate.Dispose () (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <6ddf8eac3856492ab1b8cf42618915cc>:0)

Unread replies
BryanRising Star

Bryan

On 3/1/2022 at 1:13 AM, Bryan said:

Posted 4 hours ago
  14 hours ago, Mattis89 said:

Hi!

Besides the build not working only black screeen... I also get this error :

NullReferenceException
UnityEngine.Object.get_name () (at <c7864a0eaeb24b2a999fb177623d54b4>:0)
Gaia.TerrainLoaderManager.<UpdateImpostorStateInBuildSettings>b__116_0 (Gaia.SceneBuildEntry x) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/TerrainLoaderManager.cs:1320)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].Find (System.Predicate`1[T] match) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
Gaia.TerrainLoaderManager.UpdateImpostorStateInBuildSettings () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/MultiTerrainSystem/TerrainLoaderManager.cs:1320)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.DrawBuildAndDeploy (System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:2355)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, UnityEngine.GUIStyle labelStyle, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (System.String nameKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean defaultStatus, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.BuildAndDeployTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:663)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.StandardTab () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:1105)
Gaia.GaiaManagerEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/Gaia/Scripts/Editor/GaiaManagerEditor.cs:3783)
UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (UnityEngine.Rect onGUIPosition, UnityEngine.Rect viewRect) (at <e09fc44b2b464346872ad04477f51ab1>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.DrawView (UnityEngine.Rect viewRect, UnityEngine.Rect dockAreaRect) (at <e09fc44b2b464346872ad04477f51ab1>:0)
UnityEditor.DockArea.OldOnGUI () (at <e09fc44b2b464346872ad04477f51ab1>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 worldTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event e, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUIRaw (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus, System.Boolean verifyBounds) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.SendEventToIMGUI (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, System.Boolean canAffectFocus, System.Boolean verifyBounds) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.HandleEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.CallbackEventHandler.HandleEventAtTargetPhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.MouseCaptureDispatchingStrategy.DispatchEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ApplyDispatchingStrategies (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, System.Boolean imguiEventIsInitiallyUsed) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.ProcessEventQueue () (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.OpenGate () (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcherGate.Dispose () (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.EventDispatcher.Dispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase evt, UnityEngine.UIElements.IPanel panel, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel.SendEvent (UnityEngine.UIElements.EventBase e, UnityEngine.UIElements.DispatchMode dispatchMode) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel panel) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility.UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& eventHandled) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration+<>c.<.cctor>b__1_2 (System.Int32 i, System.IntPtr ptr) (at <6c6f6b8c83db428b9291ed876a84f98a>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent (System.Int32 instanceID, System.IntPtr nativeEventPtr, System.Boolean& result) (at <6ddf8eac3856492ab1b8cf42618915cc>:0)

Expand  

If you can please post all related messages in the same forum post. 
Responded to the other post.

Reply to this topic...

Quote 0 posts

• 3 months later...

It's weird but I'm having exactly the same problem with the same configuration: Opsive Character Controller, Gaia Pro 2021, Terrain Loader, ... No problems when building but my screen is black. I'm using the latest LTS. The only way I have found to make builds work again is creating a blank project and copying the Assets folder, project preferences and so on. It starts working again but every time that I add something to my biome and spawn it everything breaks again.

Something is really bad with that terrain loader...

14 minutes ago, trueh said:

It's weird but I'm having exactly the same problem with the same configuration: Opsive Character Controller, Gaia Pro 2021, Terrain Loader, ... No problems when building but my screen is black. I'm using the latest LTS. The only way I have found to make builds work again is creating a blank project and copying the Assets folder, project preferences and so on. It starts working again but every time that I add something to my biome and spawn it everything breaks again.

Something is really bad with that terrain loader...

In addition. If I disable the terrain loaders, builds start to work again. Obviously, no terrain is loaded, but it's just the evidence that something is happening with the terrain loaders.

9 minutes ago, trueh said:

In addition. If I disable the terrain loaders, builds start to work again. Obviously, no terrain is loaded, but it's just the evidence that something is happening with the terrain loaders.

And to be even more specific, if I disable all terrain loaders but the one that I have attached to my character, builds start to work again as expected. It seems to be something related with the terrain loaders maked as Editor Selected.

Regards.

1 hour ago, trueh said:

Opsive Character Controller,

You say you are using this, are you using the Gaia Custom Player, and then attaching your character and camera to that? 

6 hours ago, Bryan said:

You say you are using this, are you using the Gaia Custom Player, and then attaching your character and camera to that? 

Yes. I did it.

Make sure that you are not using more than 8 textures this can cause everything to go black. 
Also make sure that the textures you are using are not being duplicated. 

Mmmm... yes I'm using more than 8 textures. It shouldn't be a problem though. I mean, if I deactivate Gaia's terrain loader or I use SECTR instead everything works as expected. Disabling the loader for the stamper and spawners also make the build to work. So I still think that the problem is in the terrain loaders.

I will reduce the texture count to eight to try, but I don't think that's the problem.

Please let me know, I just tested myself and I can replicate the issue with the black scene view adding in more than 8 textures. 

I reduced the number of textures and I still have the same result. I added some code to detect whether the terrain tiles were being loaded and I discovered that no scene is loaded at all. Not even the main scene where the terrain loaders are.

I also tryed to keep all my textures on the terrain and use Microsplat which supports up to 32 textures but it did not solve the issue either.

As my terrain is actually finished and only manual modificatios with GeNa are needed, I removed Gaia Tools from the scene and everything is working fine now.

Honestly, I don't know what else to do. I should try to start with a blank project to see if I can reproduce this issue, but I spent too much time trying to know what was happening and I have to achieve a milestone, so it will have to wait.

Thank you anyway.

Hi @trueh, did you by any chance re-order the Gaia tools in the scene hierarchy? This should not be an issue in general, but I'm asking since normally the tools are being grouped below the "Gaia Tools" game object - this object is set up with the "Editor Only" tag, so normally all those tools - Stamper, Spawner, etc. should be omitted from the build anyways.

image.png

I could imagine that if the tools were put somewhere else where they are part of the build, they might cause an issue with terrain loading that was not yet detected by us.
You mentioned that you need to focus on other parts for now, but if it happens again, could you please also attempt to make an development build and collect the Player log from the application? I would hope that it shows some kind of error message at the end of the log that gives an indication what goes wrong.