Gaia Production Workflow - Best Practice ?

black shadauw

Hey everyone, i have a question about a production worflow.
I am asking my self if it is a best practice or not to prepare my terrains (many) in a single unity instance and then import thoses terrains in my main unity game instance as assets ?
Or to maintain it is better to have Gaia install in my main Unity Game and making all my Terrains directly in?
Using a lot of assets like Gaia make my core unity instance with all my game dev make this Unity iNstance getting slower and heavy (many files and assets)

On 2/27/2022 at 12:48 PM, black shadauw said:

Hey everyone, i have a question about a production worflow.
I am asking my self if it is a best practice or not to prepare my terrains (many) in a single unity instance and then import thoses terrains in my main unity game instance as assets ?
Or to maintain it is better to have Gaia install in my main Unity Game and making all my Terrains directly in?
Using a lot of assets like Gaia make my core unity instance with all my game dev make this Unity iNstance getting slower and heavy (many files and assets)

Honestly this depends. 
Are you using Gaia's systems like Water, Time of Day, Weather, Streaming, etc. or are you using Gaia just for making your terrains? 

Hey,

I use will use it for Terrains, Water, Weather etc. not only for terrains.

But i work on a project that it will have many different "planets / terrains" with very different "atmosphere / ambiance" and physics law.

1 hour ago, black shadauw said:

Hey,

I use will use it for Terrains, Water, Weather etc. not only for terrains.

But i work on a project that it will have many different "planets / terrains" with very different "atmosphere / ambiance" and physics law.

If you plan on using Gaia systems than I do recommend that you have all of Gaia in the project. 
However, when you are finished with your project, you can remove certain parts out of the hierarchy. 
Things like your: Stamper, Biomes (after you save them - just in case you need them in the future).