gena event script on terrains

Bharat Sharma

Hello, I was testing world streamer 2, and the streamer is unable to unload  the terrain stating that "can't remove terrain as gena script depends on it". How can I fix this?

image.thumb.png.eba1800524bb40cf68a2ae7816a13da3.png

Save a backup of the project. 

When you are finished with GeNa Pro spawners you should be able to remove them. 
However, you could save the spawner for future use. 

Splines, are the same thing you would want to bake the spline after using it, but you should be able to remove them after it's created. 

The only spawner I can see is that if you are using a runtime spawner it would need to live on the terrain. 

On 2/28/2023 at 1:46 AM, Bharat Sharma said:

Hello, I was testing world streamer 2, and the streamer is unable to unload  the terrain stating that "can't remove terrain as gena script depends on it". How can I fix this?

image.thumb.png.eba1800524bb40cf68a2ae7816a13da3.png

Hey @Bharat Sharma,

This happens because we made the GeNaTerrainEvents script depend on having a Terrain. I just re-wrote it so that you are able to remove it if you need. However, GeNa will depend on a Terrain component being there for you to perform Terrain events, but I guess if you are removing it, you wouldn't care if it was there anymore.

Could you import this over your project to try to fix the issue? 
Let me know if it works and I'll roll out an update!

GeNaPro_TerrainEventsPatch.unitypackage