Using tod without ssgi

Bharat Sharma

Hello @Josh

Question- 1 Is there any way to use hdrp tod system without using the ssgi, if I turn it off, it looses it's aura completely that thing never if I set the volumetric clouds manually.

Question- 2 If we use the tod system it won't let us spawn reflections probes and light probes through the lighting window, which is a huge time saver.

Question- 3 I'm using mixed lighting setup, how can I change the weather profile from sunny day to heavy rain clouds at runtime.

Q1: In the new version we are still working on there has been many improvements to lighting when not using SSGI to make it not loose the too much quality that SSGI offers. You can however use Baked realtime lighting, this will offer what SSGI provides and more with light bounce and higher quality lighting.

Q2: Both a simple terrain reflection probe spawner and advanced light probe spawning/utils is coming in the next big version which will help with this. Including light probe volumes with bounds based collision to try it's best to avoid spawning probes inside objects.

Q3: If you create a weather profile and assign it to the TOD you can copy over all the settings and then select the weather profile and tweak them. In the upcoming version we have added support for volume blending which is only in unity 2022.2 this makes it easy to blend clouds between presets instead of having to adjust all the individual settings.

There is no ETA on the new TOD update but we hope it will be in stores very soon. 

Josh

Hello @Josh

Can we expect this update by mid January?  I saw you mentioning it few days ago.

Integration request- Is it possible for you guys to integrate it with the magic lightmap switcher pro?

It will help when the lights change in the baked mode or mixed lighting.