How to stop Gaia Pro 2021 grass from floating a little above the ground when generated?

Kaori
Go to solution Solved by Kaori,

Can someone please help? Yes I am using Flora, and I just recently discovered that the grass is INDEED following the slope rotation. I just want my grass and plants to be on the ground without any other issue.

If you are using Flora the issue should not be present anymore during runtime - Flora rotates the vegetation items to slope which prevents gaps from sloped terrain, & it starts rendering the items a bit below the terrain to further prevent gaps. Note that during design time in the editor flora is not active and you will still see the gaps, but during runtime the problem should be solved. If you are still seeing gaps during runtime, could you please provide us with a screenshot that shows the issue?

@Kaori Your screenshot & clip shows that the scene is not running - as I described it in my last post this issue will only disappear during runtime.  Please start the scene to see if the issue disappears then. Here is another reference how the grass should look during runtime:
image.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaori said:

It's still doing it even though I'm in play mode.

If you look at the game view in the image above - which is what your customers will be looking at, you will see that the grass is rotated to the slope as described by Peter. What happens in your scene view is irrelevant.

Grass is not an exact science in Unity, as Peter has already described. 

• Like 1