Can't access to my terrains

Matmalm
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Sometimes after baking something, like OC for example I can't access anymore to my terrains an it appears an error.

spacer.png

So I have to restart Unity to be able to open them again.

8 hours ago, Matmalm said:

Sometimes after baking something, like OC for example I can't access anymore to my terrains an it appears an error.

spacer.png

So I have to restart Unity to be able to open them again.

Can you please tell me what version of Gaia you are using? 
Also what version of Unity you are using? 

15 hours ago, Bryan said:

Can you please tell me what version of Gaia you are using? 
Also what version of Unity you are using? 

Gaia Pro 3.2.2

Unity 2021.3.4

On 6/25/2022 at 11:33 AM, Matmalm said:

Gaia Pro 3.2.2

Unity 2021.3.4

Gaia Pro does not work with this Unity version you would need to use 2019.3 - 2020.3
You could use Gaia Pro 2021 and it would work in that version 2020.3 or higher. 

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

Gaia Pro does not work with this Unity version you would need to use 2019.3 - 2020.3
You could use Gaia Pro 2021 and it would work in that version 2020.3 or higher. 

Yes, I'm using Gaia Pro 2021. It's the only one that appears in the package manager.

spacer.png

There is Gaia 2 also, but as you can see it's not being used.

Gotcha, sorry. 

I will try to replicate this issue and see if I can get to the bottom of it. 
Baking is a Unity process and the terrain is still using the standard Unity terrain system. 
Not sure how much I can do about this situation but we will look into it. 

22 hours ago, Bryan said:

Gotcha, sorry. 

I will try to replicate this issue and see if I can get to the bottom of it. 
Baking is a Unity process and the terrain is still using the standard Unity terrain system. 
Not sure how much I can do about this situation but we will look into it. 

Thanks!

Also, after deleting the library folder in my project (I had to do it because my project wasn't opening), I get error about the session manager:

spacer.png

When I open the Session Manager object, the script is corrupted when I try expand it.

• Solution

@Matmalm Could you please try to put the inspector into debug mode, to see if it lets you access the fields on the session manager again, then drag and drop in the original session file that was used to create the scene

image.png

(If you are unsure which file that was you should be able to find it again by looking at the Gaia user data folder, by default Gaia creates a new session file that carries the date / time of the creation of the session in the filename)

image.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Peter said:

@Matmalm Could you please try to put the inspector into debug mode, to see if it lets you access the fields on the session manager again, then drag and drop in the original session file that was used to create the scene

image.png

(If you are unsure which file that was you should be able to find it again by looking at the Gaia user data folder, by default Gaia creates a new session file that carries the date / time of the creation of the session in the filename)

image.png

Thanks, that worked!

• Bryan locked this topic