Interior Weather component for HDRP Time of Day

mroshaw
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi!

I'm looking to swap out my use of Enviro with the new Gaia "HDRP Time of Day". It looks absolutely brilliant, and using it will greatly simplify my project overall.

I was trying some stuff out recently, and came across the Gaia "Interior Weather Controller". My hopes were dashed when I realised that this does not seem to work with the "HDRP Time of Day" weather. It's designed to work with what I assume is a "legacy" "Procedural Worlds Global Weather" component.

Does the "HDRP Time of Day" come with any supporting components for things like interior control? Is there a roadmap for these features, and are they part of Gaia Pro 2021 going forward?

I was also wondering if there is some documentation available that explains how to control "HDRP Time of Day" - for example, how to manage the progression of time, programmatically start and stop weather etc. Happy, of course, to look at the code, but if that's an API guide already, then that would be amazing.

Many thanks again!

Oli

• Unity: 2021.3.4f1
  • Gaia Pro: 3.2.4
  • GeNa Pro: 3.3.18

15 hours ago, mroshaw said:

Does the "HDRP Time of Day" come with any supporting components for things like interior control? Is there a roadmap for these features, and are they part of Gaia Pro 2021 going forward?

Yes it does have an Interior Control - 
Its called the Gaia Interior Weather Volume. You can access by right clicking on the Hierarchy - Procedural Worlds - Gaia - Interior weather control. 

image.png

15 hours ago, mroshaw said:

I was also wondering if there is some documentation available that explains how to control "HDRP Time of Day" - for example, how to manage the progression of time, programmatically start and stop weather etc. Happy, of course, to look at the code, but if that's an API guide already, then that would be amazing.

Each weather type is controlled by a weather profile. 
To access this you would need to click on HDRP Time Of Day in the Hierarchy (the parent) 
then go to Weather settings at the bottom of the inspector. Here you can see Rain, Snow, and Sand Profiles. 
Each profile has its own unique settings. 

image.png

Here you can change almost every aspect of that type of weather: 
image.png

There are some additional settings in the HDRP Time Of Day - Weather settings like Avoid the same weather profile, Weather Min/Max wait time before another weather is played etc. 

As far as API is concerned we are working on this! 

Hopefully this helps you please let me know if you need any more information in the meantime! 

Hi Bryan, and thanks for the prompt reply!

As I mentioned in my ticket, I've tried the "InteriorWeatherController" component, but it doesn't seem to want to play with "HDRP Time of Day" weather. It seems to be tied to "ProceduralWorldsGlobalWeather", which I assumed was the "legacy" weather?

Sounds like I'm wrong in that assumption, but in that case just by adding "HDRP Time of Day" and an "InteriorWeatherController", interior weather controller always bombs out at:

if (m_weatherSystem == null)
            {
                m_weatherSystem = ProceduralWorldsGlobalWeather.Instance;
            }
            if (m_weatherSystem != null)
            {
              ...always null ...

Am I missing some additional setup step?

Also, can you confirm that "HDRP Time of Day" will continue to receive feature updates on the Gaia 2021 Pro roadmap?

Thanks again!

• Solution

We need to create another one for the new HDRP time of day, that one works with the old version which is why its an issue. 
We are already looking into creating a new interior weather controller. 

Great, thanks! Any timescales in mind? And to my other question, is the full HDRP ToD roadmap applicable to Gaia Pro 2021? 

1 hour ago, mroshaw said:

Thanks Bryan! I'll keep my eyes peeled! 

Hey there, the HDRP time of day released. 
The interior weather stuff is currently being worked on now! 
Just an update!