GTS with Gaia 2023

Seifu
Go to solution Solved by Seifu,

Decided to move this to Canopy instead of discord. This is the error that appears in Unity 2022.3.9f1(HDRP) with Gaia installed already and importing GTS and applying the profile. Same result for 2023.1.13f1.

Shader error in 'PW/GTS_HDRP_Compiled': 'ApplyDecalToSurfaceData': no matching 3 parameter function at line 24061 (on d3d11)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: GBuffer, Fragment program with DECALS_3RT DECAL_SURFACE_GRADIENT INSTANCING_ON LIGHT_LAYERS PROBE_VOLUMES_L1 _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDMODE_OFF _DETAIL_NORMALS_ON _DISABLE_SSR_TRANSPARENT _GEOLOGICAL_ON _HEIGHT_BLEND_ON _REFRACTION_OFF _TESSELLATION_ON
Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
Disabled keywords: DEBUG_DISPLAY DECALS_4RT DECALS_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DOTS_INSTANCING_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_ON PROBE_VOLUMES_L2 PROBE_VOLUMES_OFF SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _COLORMAP_ON _DISABLE_DECALS _DISABLE_SSR _DOUBLESIDED_ON _ENABLE_FOG_ON_TRANSPARENT _MACRO_VARIATION_ON _MOBILE_VR_ON _RAIN_ON _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SNOW_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC

What version of GTS are you using? I've tried an import of GTS into a Gaia 2023 project with 2022.3.9f1 in HDRP and haven't experienced the same error.  

Hi,

Yes I have applied the profile on the terrain and are testing with the latest version, as seen here: image.png.130ce2c512632e3ac47f52457a637263.png

When navigating to the shader and clicking on it, I get no errors, same with the console log: image.thumb.png.d82bc84e759d0ae120ef31769cca9c20.png

Can you check the version of the HDRP package installed? It can be found by going to Window -> Rendering -> HDRP Wizard (mine shows up in this example as 15.0.6 as I was testing in 2023.1.14f1):

image.png.531b7e5a8753c237f281fbfe1927b3ff.png

Could you try double clicking on this package to check that the latest shaders have been installed for GTS?

image.png.b66873baf673f6ac215bcef6e2173f40.png

I made a fresh project using 2023.1.14f1 , verified HDRP 15.0.6 and double clicked the package as you suggested though it says nothing to import since it was already automated in I believe. The newer version throws 4 errors instead of just the 1 from before.  Thank you for helping me try to figure this out, I will try on another dev system to see if I get the same results also.  btw the picture up top shows GTS reading your  Unity version as 2023.1.13f1 , but I will try both versions to see if I get the same results.

Shader error in 'PW/GTS_HDRP_Compiled': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 1281

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: ShadowCaster, Vertex program with INSTANCING_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDMODE_OFF _DETAIL_NORMALS_ON _REFRACTION_OFF
Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_SHADOWCASTER UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
Disabled keywords: DOTS_INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _COLORMAP_ON _DOUBLESIDED_ON _GEOLOGICAL_ON _HEIGHT_BLEND_ON _MACRO_VARIATION_ON _MOBILE_VR_ON _RAIN_ON _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SNOW_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TESSELLATION_ON _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC
Shader error in 'PW/GTS_HDRP_Compiled': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 10635

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: MotionVectors, Vertex program with INSTANCING_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDMODE_OFF _DETAIL_NORMALS_ON _REFRACTION_OFF
Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PASS_MOTIONVECTORS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
Disabled keywords: DOTS_INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING WRITE_DECAL_BUFFER WRITE_NORMAL_BUFFER _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _COLORMAP_ON _DOUBLESIDED_ON _GEOLOGICAL_ON _HEIGHT_BLEND_ON _MACRO_VARIATION_ON _MOBILE_VR_ON _RAIN_ON _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SNOW_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TESSELLATION_ON _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC
Shader error in 'PW/GTS_HDRP_Compiled': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 17861

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: DepthOnly, Vertex program with INSTANCING_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDMODE_OFF _DETAIL_NORMALS_ON _REFRACTION_OFF
Platform defines: SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS
Disabled keywords: DOTS_INSTANCING_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING WRITE_DECAL_BUFFER WRITE_NORMAL_BUFFER _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _COLORMAP_ON _DOUBLESIDED_ON _GEOLOGICAL_ON _HEIGHT_BLEND_ON _MACRO_VARIATION_ON _MOBILE_VR_ON _RAIN_ON _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SNOW_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TESSELLATION_ON _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC

Shader error in 'PW/GTS_HDRP_Compiled': Couldn't open include file 'Packages/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition/Runtime/ShaderLibrary/ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl'. at line 20298

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: GBuffer, Vertex program with INSTANCING_ON _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDMODE_OFF _DETAIL_NORMALS_ON _REFRACTION_OFF
Disabled keywords: DEBUG_DISPLAY DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DOTS_INSTANCING_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_ON SHADER_API_GLES30 UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _COLORMAP_ON _DOUBLESIDED_ON _GEOLOGICAL_ON _HEIGHT_BLEND_ON _MACRO_VARIATION_ON _MOBILE_VR_ON _RAIN_ON _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SNOW_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TESSELLATION_ON _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC

I will ask some other users on discord if they are experiencing the same issues.

edit: To be clear i'm most certain the issue is on Unity or My side .

Edited by Seifu
clarification

Hi @Seifu, I did a test install on my machine and did not run into this issue. When looking closer at the errors you posted above, it looks the core issue is that it cannot find the "ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl" file. 

Some background on this: This file is being used automatically by shaders created using Shader Graph. The file in question should be part of the HDRP package installation. Can you please check if you have the file in your project in the HDRP package?

image.png

If the file is not there, then this would be an issue of the HDRP installation (unlikely, since you just did a fresh install). If the file is there but cannot be picked up by shaders correctly, this can happen as well and can have various reasons. There are some threads on the unity forums where users report that deleting the library folder (so that unity will re-import all assets) fixed the issue for them, for example here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/couldnt-open-include-file-packages-shadergraph-in-builtin-render.1276655/

In general we would need to find out why unity can't import a hlsl file that is part of the HDRP install - otherwise I would suspect you will run into similar issues with other HDRP shaders as well.

Sounds good, I have had issues like this with HDRP in previous versions pre-12 I think. I will give it a go thank you for looking into it. PW is on top of things as usual.

Edit: I have tried several things already such as deleting the Library folder trying to generate the files yesterday.  Now as you mentioned trying to get the ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl to generate or import properly.

Edited by Seifu
For clarification

• Solution

And now back to this error after forcing ShaderGraphHeader back into Unity.

Shader error in 'PW/GTS_HDRP_Compiled': 'ApplyDecalToSurfaceData': no matching 3 parameter function at line 24061 (on d3d11)

Compiling Subshader: 0, Pass: GBuffer, Fragment program with DECALS_3RT DECAL_SURFACE_GRADIENT INSTANCING_ON PROBE_VOLUMES_OFF _ALPHATEST_ON _BLENDMODE_OFF _DETAIL_NORMALS_ON _DISABLE_SSR_TRANSPARENT _REFRACTION_OFF
Disabled keywords: DEBUG_DISPLAY DECALS_4RT DECALS_OFF DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED DOTS_INSTANCING_ON DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHT_LAYERS PROBE_VOLUMES_L1 PROBE_VOLUMES_L2 SHADER_API_GLES30 SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_UNIFIED_SHADER_PRECISION_MODEL UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING _ADD_PRECOMPUTED_VELOCITY _BLENDMODE_ADD _BLENDMODE_ALPHA _BLENDMODE_PRE_MULTIPLY _COLORMAP_ON _DISABLE_DECALS _DISABLE_SSR _DOUBLESIDED_ON _ENABLE_FOG_ON_TRANSPARENT _GEOLOGICAL_ON _HEIGHT_BLEND_ON _MACRO_VARIATION_ON _MOBILE_VR_ON _RAIN_ON _REFRACTION_PLANE _REFRACTION_SPHERE _REFRACTION_THIN _SNOW_ON _SURFACE_TYPE_TRANSPARENT _TESSELLATION_ON _TRANSPARENT_WRITES_MOTION_VEC

EDIT: After forcing the ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl file AND applying a fix I was given by Isaac it is finally working. I can either post that fix here so you can see which one it was or the file name was GTS_UpgradeToHDRP_2023_1.

Edited by Seifu
FIXED!

Hey @Seifu sorry to ping you again when your issue was already solved, but could you please explain what you did for

On 9/22/2023 at 2:20 PM, Seifu said:

EDIT: After forcing the ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl

Could you please describe how you "forced" it? We do have another user with the same error message in this thread over here: 

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/forums/topic/9389-now-i-need-tutorial-please-terrains-2021-pro-to-2023-pro/#comment-17169

Your solution for "forcing" might help to solve this.

@Peter and @Isaac Yes, sorry I cut pasted the ShaderGraphHeader.hlsl file from the matching hdrp pipeline version(another project that had the files), into the ShaderLibrary folder. Then I had to apply the patch/fix file I was provided by Isaac.