Black and hard splatmap borders

Leandro
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi, I'm starting to have a problem with Gaia terrain, in the shader side or lighting side, not sure which one is interfering.
I just added this picture as to show the material and shader I'm using that is the standard Gaia material for URP terrains.
On the other part, the terrain looks fine in the far, but up close it starts glitching with that black shading and hard transitions between the textures defined in the mountains and the ground.

Not sure what is causing the problem, it was happening in Unity 2021 and URP 12. I updated to 2022 and URP 14 and is still present.spacer.png

• Solution

Hi @Leandro,

the Gaia shader used for the terrains is the unity default terrain shader of the respective render pipeline (Gaia does add its own materials to the terrain, but that is just a vehicle to switch to the correct standard shader of the current pipeline.) 
The standard "Terrain/Lit" shader in URP supports up to 8 layers / textures on the terrain, additional textures are being displayed in black. Could you please check how many terrain layers you got on the terrain? If it is exceeding 8, the black areas might be the additional layers not being displayed anymore.

Thanks, Peter.
I have to confirm this was the issue, resolved. I thought that using the Spawner replaced the previous layer assigned on each terrain, but it did just add them. (I guess)