[Question] Looking for runtime procedural generation tool (serializable or seed deterministic)

spacedude03
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello,
    In the tutorial videos for Gaia, I only it being used in the editor like a tool.
    Can Gaia do the following:
1. Generate terrain in runtime via code
2. Spawn trees, rocks, prefabs in runtime via code
3. Have some form of serialization/Deterministic seeded generation to synchronize across clients in a multiplayer game

• Like 1

• spacedude03 changed the title to [Question] Looking for runtime procedural generation tool (serializable or seed deterministic)
21 hours ago, spacedude03 said:

Hello,
    In the tutorial videos for Gaia, I only it being used in the editor like a tool.
    Can Gaia do the following:
1. Generate terrain in runtime via code
2. Spawn trees, rocks, prefabs in runtime via code
3. Have some form of serialization/Deterministic seeded generation to synchronize across clients in a multiplayer game

No Gaia is an editor only tool, you would want to use GeNa Pro for runtime.

Terrains are not completed yet for GeNa Pro runtime, but Spawning yes. 

• Like 1

• Solution

You could generate tons of ready to go terrains with Gaia, and then potentially spawn them with GeNa Pro. 
I have not tested this but I would see why it wouldnt work if you turned them into game objects. 

• Like 1

• Bryan locked this topic