Can't figure out how to install

Jillian
Go to solution Solved by Jillian,

Hello, 

I'm very excited to get started with the SUNTAIL Stylized Fantasy Village Asset and Gaia/Gena Spawner. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get it installed. I'm sure I'm missing something silly, but maybe you can explain it to me like I'm 5?

I've installed Gaia Pro, Gena Pro, and the Suntail Village all through the Package Manager. I downloaded the pack from here : 

This downloads - 

PWS-SuntailStylizedFantasyVillage-SpawnerPackv100.zip

to my computer. I unzipped it and copied folder to my Unity/Assets folder. I don't have any assets showing under  Procedural Worlds/Content Packs.

I'm sure that I'm missing something, but I'm not sure what. 

@Jillian Hi there, the .zip file should contain an ".unitypackage" file - you need to extract it from the zip file, then in the unity editor you can import it via
Assets > Import Package > Custom Package....

image.png

From this point on it behaves like installing from the unity package manager and brings up the "Import Files" dialog, etc. You should then have the "Content Packs" folder afterwards.

• Solution

Hi @Peter. Thanks for responding! That was it.

I don't know why, but when I use the File Window and double click to extract it opens a directory with a bunch of files. 

If I run:

unzip "PWS-SuntailStylizedFantasyVillage-SpawnerPackv100.zip"

from a terminal I get the .unitypackage.

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Try to click right mouse button, and then extract in Folder...

Left mouse doubleclick is just to see what´s in the .zip(and more,i know)

Michael