[Issue] Terrain Textures not spawned / added / replaced properly according to world space mask

designleviathan
Go to solution Solved by designleviathan,

Hello,

To reduce this down to the problem and a understandable scope:

World Setup Context

Effectively I am trying to spawn two biomes in my world. The world is comprised of multiple terrain tiles. 

One biome rings / surrounds the perimeter of the other. The biomes are designated by worldspace image masks.

There is a 'Base biome' that comprised of 3 simple rules for height that is applied usually before the others - this is also the 'perimeter' biomes texture set.

The biome in the center's texture set is distinct and should 'override' any textures it should encounter in it's spawn rules.

Issue Context: Textures Vs Image Masks

I am having problems with a few things around the image masks.

1. Bug - After using the image masks spawn - the world tends to get 'silently' offset
    1. which is easily fixed using Gaia's offset controls but wastes time
  2. Bug- The range of the spawner always resets after use.
    1. While this may be needed to spawn across the smaller tiles - it leaves the biome / spawner controller set improperly from how the user had it before
  3. Critical Issue  - The texture paints from the spawner are applying only to 'random' tiles within the mask
    1. this feels connected to the above - I've noticed that the shape of my image mask is often applied across the terrain in 'random places'
  4. Critical Issue -The texture paint does not fade out or blend the spawned textures rules but rather paints them with ugly sharp corners according to the terrain tile

Examples Attached (removed other the 'base biome' to focus only on the problem image mask biome):

ImageMask_TextureSpawner_Screenshot 2022-04-30 111426.png

ImageMask_TextureSpawner_spawnerRules_Screenshot 2022-04-30 111426.png

• Solution

hmmmm maybe disregard. It seems to be working now I am not sure what exactly changed. Marking as solved for now.