Migrate World Designer session between projects

mroshaw
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi! I am creating a project from scratch, but hoping to re-use the world designer terrain that I generated in an existing project. Is there a safe and easy way to copy a World Designer session from one project to another, so that I can generate an identical terrain in a new scene in the new project? It's just the world I want to copy, as I want to create and setup custom biomes and spawners for this new version of the map.

I've tried using Advanced > Save To File... while in the World Designer. However, when I try to "Load From File..." in the World Designer in my NEW project, I get an error: "The settings file cannot be loaded". So I'm guessing this isn't really intended for moving World Designer sessions from one project to another?

Many thanks again for your help!

• Solution
On 4/13/2022 at 2:46 PM, mroshaw said:

Hi! I am creating a project from scratch, but hoping to re-use the world designer terrain that I generated in an existing project. Is there a safe and easy way to copy a World Designer session from one project to another, so that I can generate an identical terrain in a new scene in the new project? It's just the world I want to copy, as I want to create and setup custom biomes and spawners for this new version of the map.

I've tried using Advanced > Save To File... while in the World Designer. However, when I try to "Load From File..." in the World Designer in my NEW project, I get an error: "The settings file cannot be loaded". So I'm guessing this isn't really intended for moving World Designer sessions from one project to another?

Many thanks again for your help!

This should help you move over to the new project. 
Also you can go into the Gaia Manager and add in any tools that you want to continue to use from the Advanced section. 
Window- Procedural Worlds- Gaia- Show Gaia Manager- Advanced. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great, thanks again Bryan. All good, and I have  a fresh new project in 2021.3 LTS with my terrain all ready to go.

• Like 1