Whenever You use New Audio Areas the main world audio wont fade away...

MixThaicred

Isnt new audio areas (zones) supposed to fade in the main world audio? Is not good having both songs playing at the same time?

I will get back to this as soon as I have time. I dont like forums I truly hate them and find them antiquated and a waste of time.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MixThaicred said:

Isnt new audio areas (zones) supposed to fade in the main world audio? Is not good having both songs playing at the same time?

It depends, an audio area could use a sequence that is not necessary music, e.g. a different set of background noises. You can configure Ambient Sounds to do this though, you can find an example of fading out a song in the main world audio and playing another song when entering an audio area in the demo scene (when entering the town area).

3 hours ago, Peter said:

It depends, an audio area could use a sequence that is not necessary music, e.g. a different set of background noises. You can configure Ambient Sounds to do this though, you can find an example of fading out a song in the main world audio and playing another song when entering an audio area in the demo scene (when entering the town area).

Where exactly? Because I didnt saw an option to fade in.

It is not a singular option, and I also remembered it slightly wrong: In the demo scene we do have the nature background music playing in one large audio area spanning the entire scene, and the town background music in a smaller audio area inside the town. It then fades out the music in the nature area as you enter the town area, but the global sequences still play.
If you do not want to create such a large audio area, you could instead make it so that the global sequences listen to an Event that you call e.g. "GlobalMusicStop", and make it so that this Event is triggered when you enter an audio area where you would not want the global sequence playing.

image.png

On 4/11/2022 at 10:04 PM, Peter said:

It is not a singular option, and I also remembered it slightly wrong: In the demo scene we do have the nature background music playing in one large audio area spanning the entire scene, and the town background music in a smaller audio area inside the town. It then fades out the music in the nature area as you enter the town area, but the global sequences still play.
If you do not want to create such a large audio area, you could instead make it so that the global sequences listen to an Event that you call e.g. "GlobalMusicStop", and make it so that this Event is triggered when you enter an audio area where you would not want the global sequence playing.

image.png

I tried using one large area and one small area and sounds still overlap, Ill have to find a different way as I cant continue to lose time on this. 

Thanks Anyway.

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 4:32 PM, MixThaicred said:

Peter has responded but I'll add more as a fellow user. When you say, "main world audio" I think you are referring to the global sequence option. That just plays as soon as your Unity application loads. Fade in / out is set in the sequence and is found under the audio clips list in the global sequence.

Also, each positional sequence is set with both an area where the audio sequence will play (under "shape/area size"), plus fade in / out is set under, "falloff".

Its well worth investing quality time to work through the configuration (its a lot easier than some things Ive come across myself so far) as it is very effective. 

Best of luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 11:04 PM, Peter said:

image.png

So what's the actual mechanism that causes the larger nature area's sequence to stop playing and the town to start? In my game scene, I get my town sequence audio stacked on top of the scene-wide sequence rather than the scene-wide sequence fading out. I'm not using a global sequence for the larger area, so my setup seems the same as the demo scene, but I don't see any events, and the nature sequence isn't listed in the Currently Blocked Sequences section.

20 minutes ago, Hunter said:

So what's the actual mechanism that causes the larger nature area's sequence to stop playing and the town to start? In my game scene, I get my town sequence audio stacked on top of the scene-wide sequence rather than the scene-wide sequence fading out. I'm not using a global sequence for the larger area, so my setup seems the same as the demo scene, but I don't see any events, and the nature sequence isn't listed in the Currently Blocked Sequences section.

Oh, I figured it out. The demo scene's nature area doesn't actually overlap with the town audio area, so when the nature sequences fade out, it's because the player GO actually leaves the nature audio area. From a previous post, I think I want to handle this with events. @Peter, do you think that the events serialization in the sequence objects is sufficient to accomplish the blocking of the scene-wide sequences, or do you think that'll require some code?

@Hunter It should be possible to block scene wide sequences without code just by events - set up the the local sequence to start an event e.g. called "SceneWideBlock" and in the Scene Wide Sequence configure it to only play if "SceneWideBlock" is not active.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter said:

@Hunter It should be possible to block scene wide sequences without code just by events - set up the the local sequence to start an event e.g. called "SceneWideBlock" and in the Scene Wide Sequence configure it to only play if "SceneWideBlock" is not active.

Yeah, that's basically how I did it. (Exactly how you guys developed it. I probably should have just tried a few things first...)

As usual, most of my worries are about how this thing will scale up to a full size game world. Not so much in terms of performance, but more of keeping the project and the hierarchy organized as the game world gets larger and larger with more and more exceptions that need to block the main BGM sequence. Anyway, that's kind of a question for another day. Thanks for the reply!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 2:41 PM, Hunter said:

Yeah, that's basically how I did it. (Exactly how you guys developed it. I probably should have just tried a few things first...)

As usual, most of my worries are about how this thing will scale up to a full size game world. Not so much in terms of performance, but more of keeping the project and the hierarchy organized as the game world gets larger and larger with more and more exceptions that need to block the main BGM sequence. Anyway, that's kind of a question for another day. Thanks for the reply!

To block the BGM sequence you could use the sync Sequences but also add events to block them out.