Why you had to add this line of code?

antonidiuss

image.thumb.png.fac1f5814a077cf1e729376cee7ee62c.png

I wanted to use server without colliders, cause world were very big and I wanted just to try it out. I spent a whole day for searching why server scene is not loading terrains while checkbox "colliderOnlyLoading" were false. Whyyyy? Why does it ignore checkbox?

Keywords for searching: Gaia, Initial load, Terrains are not loading, Colliders, Server, Gaia multiplayer, Gaia client-server, Gaia Mirror

On 4/5/2022 at 1:52 AM, antonidiuss said:

image.thumb.png.fac1f5814a077cf1e729376cee7ee62c.png

I wanted to use server without colliders, cause world were very big and I wanted just to try it out. I spent a whole day for searching why server scene is not loading terrains while checkbox "colliderOnlyLoading" were false. Whyyyy? Why does it ignore checkbox?

Keywords for searching: Gaia, Initial load, Terrains are not loading, Colliders, Server, Gaia multiplayer, Gaia client-server, Gaia Mirror

We are looking into this! 

Hi @antonidiuss I was not aware we had this in the code and I checked where this was coming from, it looks like it was checked in by a colleague who was working on a networking project at that time and he probably wanted to make sure that the server side always used collider-only loading. This was then checked in in a larger commit with multiple changes where it went unnoticed.  I think this is bad practice and should rather be an option than always forced on, I will remove this for the next Gaia update, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

• Like 2