Help! My character can look but not move!

jammer42777
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello, I'm fairly new to unity and gaia pro, I made a good starter environment, but I can't move.

I turned the gaia character off and I can't look or move.

also my character isn't affected by gravity.

I have sent my input settings to both (old and new input systems)  but I need help to get this going.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

spacer.png

Done, I removed all other controller packs, deleted the gaia player and re ran the runtime,  It didn't fix the issue.

I have no idea what is going on.

I need to figure out what the issue is, sop if it happens again I can fix it.

Thank you

Are you using mouse and keyboard or a controller? 

Are you on discord, maybe we can do a screenshare and go through it and see whats going on? 

Yes, I can see there is no errors regarding the character. 
Are you on the discord maybe we can screenshare and take a look together and solve this issue. 
From the looks of it there shouldn't be any reason as to why your character cant move. 

Can you try to open a different project with just Gaia and see if that is working for you? 

I am on the procedural worlds discord as joshua42777

My work schedule is Monday thru Thursday from 7am until 6pm est, for screen sharing the best times are Fridays thru Sundays

Could we setup a  meeting ?

I did make another level in the same project, same issue, My character can look, but not move, also is not affected by gravity

• Solution

Fixed: 

The issue for anyone else experiencing this issue: When using HDRP or URP you can use templates in the Unity hub. 
More than likely this could be the issue- in this case it was the issue. 

• 1 year later...

Hey there, so the actual gaia player function is not working at all, cannot move mouse to look and cannot use wasd to move it just stays stationary with no errors???

6 minutes ago, Woopinator said:

Hey there, so the actual gaia player function is not working at all, cannot move mouse to look and cannot use wasd to move it just stays stationary with no errors???

How did you create your project? 

Also thank you for fast response sir! i am using the 2023.1.0a version of unity

Edited by Woopinator
update information

The issue seemed to be i needed to re-download and re-import gaia pro again but for some reason the gaia window manager does not recognise i have gaia pro installed 

Can you please try the same thing as mentioned in the above solution? 
Can you make a basic 3d template, and then add HDRP from the package manager? 
After that is added please add Gaia Pro 2021 if you are using Unity 2020.3-2022.3 
(Otherwise please use Gaia Pro for 2019.3-2020.3) 

Then go through the setup tab and change it to HDRP. 
See if this fixes your issues, in the past we have had several issues with the templates as they were not set right.