Grass is not rendering distance correct

neodome
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Recently after moving my project to URP and getting shaders setup among many other things the grass rendering appears to not be working right.

I have tried to play with the distance details, the flora global manager, but no mater what the grass appears to be very basic or not existent greater than 50 yards. I do want there to be of course a distance gap for performance reasons, but for some reason my project is stuck like this and I cant seem to figure out what is causing this.

Grass and some shrubs act like the "grow" or get created as my character moves.grass.thumb.jpg.4575b333c107d489de3f3dc5da47c25c.jpg

See the video example as well. Since it was to large to upload I dropped it in Google Drive -

(note Google Drive quality sucks if you play it right in Drive. You will need to download the mp4 to actually see the proper quality)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5N3UpfluKQInXJx9dAubeI9G4Qou6vP/view?usp=sharing

• Solution

@neodome I think this might be the individual fade in and out distances for each grass LOD - in Flora you can set those up independently, and then the distance in the Global Manager acts as a multiplicator. Could you please try to follow the procedure about "Tuning your Flora setup during runtime" as described in the flora library article here:
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/advanced/flora-detail-system-r12/

In the individual flora settings objects for each terrain detail you will find an in and out blending distance. Try to identify the grasses that are fading out too quickly, and increase their out distance and out fade distance in there. (the "Fade Distance" is the area a grass item fades in our out)

image.png.876c9064052d2a9f34e8b73d694b02