Build seems to get corrupted every day or two

tbunreal
Go to solution Solved by tbunreal,

Hi, I think the gaia player or terrain loader manager objects are corrupting my builds. I have a character and a car I switch between testing my game. I have set them up properly because my builds work, until they just dont. It's gotten to the point where where I make an unreasonable amount of backs a day because I don't know when my build will just stop working.

When I play my game in the editor it works fine, but building it, I either get no terrain loading and I fall for ever, or I get a gray / black screen. It will just randomly happen at some point, I'll remake the characters using gaia player, double check the terrain loading is correct, everything is identical but  I'll get a black screen until I load up a backup and just wait for it to eventual happen again. At this point gaia is unusable to me because I wont know when my builds will stop working. Thanks for reading

• Solution

Hmm, seems something gets messed with the terrains every so often, not sure why. I tried to unload them all and one refused. I spammed unload and it went away. I loaded all of them back, and now my build works. I assume this was causing my issues earlier too.

My issue has evolved. Now some of my buildings are invisible and some are missing walls, etc... But they still have their colliders. At least the game is starting...

ok, not sure why some buildings show and some dont, but it's because the buildings were not on the PW - Building tag. (I haven't done more testing, but seems to wrk for now)  I'll leave my post up for anyone having similar issues

A little more info, I believe it was the logs / stumps preventing me from closing that terrain. I remember seeing them in the terrain list. I also had to respawn them because when using gena it caused them to float after.

But this has like I said happened to me before many times and I haven't payed that close attention to the earlier instances. I was seriously ready to give up at one point.

Hello, I have the same problem. I spent some time testing in different builds and haven't found a clue yet. 

Unity 2021.2.8 HDRP

Make sure all your scenes are added to your build.

Make sure the scene at 0 position in your build list is the active scene with gaia components (make sure its the active scene)

make sure your terrain loaders are correct 

make sure the object with the terrain loader is set to runtime active

unload all of your terrains and then load them back

If that doesn't solve it, then your problem is different

On 3/6/2022 at 11:05 AM, tbunreal said:

Make sure all your scenes are added to your build.

Make sure the scene at 0 position in your build list is the active scene with gaia components (make sure its the active scene)

make sure your terrain loaders are correct 

make sure the object with the terrain loader is set to runtime active

unload all of your terrains and then load them back

If that doesn't solve it, then your problem is different

Hello, thank you. That's not my problem.I‘v solved it. Here is it.

Link: 

Unity 2021.2 has had lots of significant stability and bug related issues. It might be a good idea to backup your project and update to the latest release.

Hello,

We really need to get this sorted. In editor I can load terrains and imposters, automatically and manually, in player it works fine, i can create imposters. And just suddenly everything stops in the editor. I cannot load terrains, imposters in any way. I cannot also create imposters. Console shows no errors. However, player works fine, terrains and imposters are loading fine.

It also happened before. After a week of wasting my time, I just removed Gaia Runtime and Gaia Tools. What happens, Gaia Runtime appears on its own with just terrain loader manager and terrains are loaded. 

Hope it helps

On 3/13/2022 at 1:17 PM, AppsForce said:

And just suddenly everything stops in the editor. I cannot load terrains, imposters in any way. I cannot also create imposters. Console shows no errors. However, player works fine, terrains and imposters are loading fine.

Are you currently experiencing this problem still? Or was this fixed by removing the Gaia Runtime and Tools & when they re-created themselves? If you are still experiencing this issue and can reproduce it by opening the scene and it is in its non-working state, it would be great if you could provide us with access to the project, I can DM you a link for file upload if required.
Without an error message or anything to start off from it is very difficult for us to analyze this further, because we can then just sit in front of our code and try to guess what might potentially cause an issue in a near infinite number of configurations and circumstances, which is next impossible to do.
From your description I would guess that the terrain scene data storage (found in the Terrain Loader Manager) was linking to the wrong file or the data in there was not correct, however this would not explain why it was still working in the player as both editor and player use the data in the terrain scene data storage file just the same.