How can i paint a new terrain texture and have the spawner calculate for this?

Gettinng IT up
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hey i was just wondering if it's possible  to manually paint the terrain texture in some spots and then when i regenerate things like the grass it would take in to account what i just painted??? like a example is i just made a large city that i parented to the terrain and i want to paint the ground under it a concrete texture. but i don't want to just spawn this texture in some place if i can help it. and then when i generate my biome it won't spawn things like the grass and trees in the middle of the city. is this possible??

• Solution
32 minutes ago, Gettinng IT up said:

Hey i was just wondering if it's possible  to manually paint the terrain texture in some spots and then when i regenerate things like the grass it would take in to account what i just painted??? like a example is i just made a large city that i parented to the terrain and i want to paint the ground under it a concrete texture. but i don't want to just spawn this texture in some place if i can help it. and then when i generate my biome it won't spawn things like the grass and trees in the middle of the city. is this possible??

Yes you can do this a few ways depending on what Gaia version you are using: 

The 1st way (works in all Gaia versions) 
You can add a terrain texture mask to your vegetation and select the texture that you want to spawn on. 
For this example I covered the entire terrain in the sand texture and then painted on the grass texture. 

In the vegetation I set the Terrain Texture on the grass resource, and set it to the Grass Texture. 
image.png

As you can see with the 3 dots this is where only the grass would spawn. 

The second way to do this is with Flora (if you are using Gaia Pro 2021). 
In the flora renders - you can set the Source Data Type to Splat. 
The source data index is the order of the textures. 

So this example the grass would be 1. The sand texture is 0 and the snow texture is 8. 
image.png

So the source index is set to 1 for the grass texture. 

These are the two best ways for the solution. 
Hope this helps!  

• Like 1