GeNa Road Spline wont blend with terrain

neodome

Go to solution Solved by Clyde,

Hello,

I recently have been trying to do roads with GeNa based on paths such as "Forest Path" etc. The problem I keep running into it acts like a standard Road  texture and wont blend at all with the terrain. I followed this guide, but an option I think I need is not in my inspector.

Obviously my example is ugly as I just did a test to show, but as you can see its a solid texture and wont blend into the terrain at all.

path.thumb.JPG.7acc48f4c5ea420244f7d883cb08104d.JPG

From the article is had a option there called "Edge Distance and Edge Contrast" I don't see that??

settings.thumb.JPG.f0d8f3da4f17f2f9f9c0532864a31647.JPGsettings2.thumb.JPG.52de614595ee7a6cad8ad6f16fd09702.JPG

I had a similar issue, I fixed it by setting Anisotropic to per texture in your settings and then increase the the Anisotropic on the texture. A helpful person in the Boxphobic discord pointed out how to fix it.

unknown-11.png

Hey thanks for the reply Brandon. I did as suggested changing the Anisotropic Texture to Per Texture and changed the Ansio Level to a higher number on a few textures, but still getting the same thing. Here is a diff texture to show. 

RockPath.thumb.JPG.51b2c47640da1437295b4835a45bf708.JPG

1 hour ago, neodome said:

Hey thanks for the reply Brandon. I did as suggested changing the Anisotropic Texture to Per Texture and changed the Ansio Level to a higher number on a few textures, but still getting the same thing. Here is a diff texture to show. 

RockPath.thumb.JPG.51b2c47640da1437295b4835a45bf708.JPG

Try changing it to Trilinear.

10 hours ago, Brandon Dixon said:

Try changing it to Trilinear.

Still hates me lol. No idea what it could be. From the article do you have the setting called "Edge Distance and Edge Contrast".

I still don't see it on any of mine and I still wonder if that has something to do with it. Edge Blender is the section once you see the Profile, but I don't have that.

settings3.thumb.JPG.62ce2bf2e3301ef11a22802f70eb64c1.JPG

From the article notice at the bottom of the Profile it has "Edge Blending" , but going back to my screenshot I don't have that. I even notice the Tiling option is missing from mine.

image.thumb.png.6e44cde9447cef3f5dacc1a1d0410a80.pngsettings2.thumb.JPG.52de614595ee7a6cad8ad6f16fd09702.JPG

4 hours ago, Clyde said:

Which Render Pipeline are you using? Blending is supported in URP and HDRP.

Boom that fixed it. I mainly use Built in Render pipeline, but looks like URP is really needed so ill have to adapt my stuff. Thanks!

• Like 1