Issues with Export Terrain and Vegetation with no Gaia dependancies

iByte

I created a Unity export package following the advice of this article

but I ran into one issue where the imported terrains have a checker-board.

I actually started in the main project and made a terrain by hand sculpting. I exported that terrain into a project with Gaia2021 and then used the system to layer on the textures and vegetation biomes following the Tropical Forest Pack videos.

When I exported back to the original project i get the checkboard. What did I miss?

image.png.5a7eff716d844dadabbc572122afc251.png

37 minutes ago, iByte said:

I created a Unity export package following the advice of this article

but I ran into one issue where the imported terrains have a checker-board.

I actually started in the main project and made a terrain by hand sculpting. I exported that terrain into a project with Gaia2021 and then used the system to layer on the textures and vegetation biomes following the Tropical Forest Pack videos.

When I exported back to the original project i get the checkboard. What did I miss?

image.png.5a7eff716d844dadabbc572122afc251.png

This looks like you are missing textures. 
Make sure to check the project and see if all the terrain layers and textures are in the project. 

If they are in a package you dont need to bring the entire package over just the textures themselves. 

Hi Yes when I look at the layers created with GAIA in the target project, the textures were all there but something is getting messed up.

Have you tried this recently? Would you confirm it still works?

Thanks

Glenn

5 hours ago, iByte said:

Hi Yes when I look at the layers created with GAIA in the target project, the textures were all there but something is getting messed up.

Have you tried this recently? Would you confirm it still works?

Thanks

Glenn

I will create a tutorial for this showcasing this, i just did this recently. 
Plus its good for others to know as well. I will post here when its finished! 

• Like 1