Spawner Palettes not saving right

Matmalm
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

If I create a spawner of lets say: different types of trees with a new Palette it will create a Palette number 17, and then if I create a spawner of different types of stones it will also create a new Palette with the same number.

The problem is when I want to go back to the spawner of trees I have to load the Palette number 17 and as the names in the spawner might be right it will spawn stones.

It just happened to me but the opposite, I tried to spawn stones after spawning trees, but it was spawning trees as game objects.

12 hours ago, Matias Gesche said:

If I create a spawner of lets say: different types of trees with a new Palette it will create a Palette number 17, and then if I create a spawner of different types of stones it will also create a new Palette with the same number.

The problem is when I want to go back to the spawner of trees I have to load the Palette number 17 and as the names in the spawner might be right it will spawn stones.

It just happened to me but the opposite, I tried to spawn stones after spawning trees, but it was spawning trees as game objects.

Can you replicate the issue that it will create the same palette number? 
I have just tested both on the same spawner and multiple new spawners and can not seems to replicate the palette to duplicate with the same number. 

Additionally, you could change the palette name if you wanted to as well to save the confusion. 

On 2/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, Bryan said:

I have just tested both on the same spawner and multiple new spawners and can not seems to replicate the palette to duplicate with the same number. 

Additionally, you could change the palette name if you wanted to as well to save the confusion. 

Ok, weird. I'll try to make a video.

On 2/25/2022 at 1:06 AM, Bryan said:

So here, you can see it is spawning the same number Palette when I press 'new':

https://streamable.com/62l2wq

Here it is not spawning at all but it creates empty GO anyway, and if I select any Palette the name of the original Palette will come up but will spawn things from the Palette I select:

https://streamable.com/8hkc5p

Here you can see the names with the Demo Palette:

https://streamable.com/xptttn

Maybe you can reproduce this issue after closing Unity.

And another problem with the spawner for textures:

I selected 2 textures but it gives me one texture right and the other wrong. Besides that, the wrong texture spawn with a fixed 'spawn area' no matter what number I choose. At the end of the video I select the wrong texture:

https://streamable.com/o1ddgg

Never mind about the textures, as I'm using Gaia for that.

But I still have the problem with the GeNa spawner palettes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey @Matmalm,

Thank you very much for your patience. I believe we have addressed this issue in one of the versions we released recently. Could you please upgrade and let me know if this issue is still existing in your project? 

On 5/12/2022 at 8:09 AM, Manny said:

Hey @Matmalm,

Thank you very much for your patience. I believe we have addressed this issue in one of the versions we released recently. Could you please upgrade and let me know if this issue is still existing in your project? 

Hey, just tested it but I get the same result. When creating a new Palette it always Palette nr 17.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hey @Matmalm,

Thank you for your patience on this matter. I'm happy to say I finally found and fixed this issue!
It will be included in the next patch roll out of GeNa. But if you want to try it out, here's a package you can import over the latest version of GeNa (3.3.18) that I have tested works: GeNaPro_NewPalette_Patch.unitypackage

Thanks again! 😁