Ambient Skies replacement

Cash Garman
Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Hi there, I partially subscribed to Canopy because of this video: 

I fell in love with the tool and had to have it, and was really sad when I found out it was discontinued. It is said the Gaia 2021 Pro replaced the features of Ambient Skies, but I've been all over the tools and I can't find anything approaching the same level of control as Ambient Skies, especially with all those absolutely beautiful skies and lighting presets. Am I just missing something in Gaia or has that same functionality not been implemented?

Does an old copy of Ambient Skies exist anywhere I could get my hands on? Buy? Or know of a replacement that looks just as drop dead gorgeous? Please let me know if you can help! Thanks!

9 hours ago, Cash Garman said:

Does an old copy of Ambient Skies exist anywhere I could get my hands on? Buy? Or know of a replacement that looks just as drop dead gorgeous? Please let me know if you can help! Thanks!

Hey, this was discontinued as yeah some of the features and systems went into Gaia 2021. There are some things that this system has that Gaia 2021 does not have.

I am sure we can upload a legacy version on Canopy for all those users that wants to use it. Note though that this may not work correctly in newer versions of Unity. Will let you know if it will be on Canopy.

Wow..  Totally missed that Ambient Skies was deprecated.  Seems like just yesterday you guys were pumping time into both it and Ambient Sounds!  Any chance that more of it will be pumped into a future Gaia release?  I need to look and see just how much of it ended up in latter Gaia 2021 versions.

On 2/25/2022 at 11:30 AM, Shawn - Backwoods Gaming said:

Wow..  Totally missed that Ambient Skies was deprecated.  Seems like just yesterday you guys were pumping time into both it and Ambient Sounds!  Any chance that more of it will be pumped into a future Gaia release?  I need to look and see just how much of it ended up in latter Gaia 2021 versions.

More features from this may be added into Gaia but nothing confirmed yet.

• Like 1