Sky Flicker - Time of Day Time lapse - via C#

daxxus

I have a big demo this Thursday and I'm using the full GAIA Pro package - it has been a BIG hit with my customer - I've been using Unity since 2006 or so, so feel free to be as in the weeds as you want (I'm computer science though - I have almost no art skills).

Anyway - I'm using a coroutine to lapse the time pretty quickly but for some reason the sky flickers going thru some of the sky states.  I'm only modifying the Gaia.GaiaGlobal.Instance.GaiaTimeOfDayValue.m_todMinutes and Gaia.GaiaGlobal.Instance.GaiaTimeOfDayValue.m_todHour (when it hits the next hour).  I'm not yielding null but instead at 60Hz (so a yield of (0.016f) seconds).  

Anyway - I'd love to get rid of the flicker - I've looked all over and can't seem to figure out the culprit.  Oddly enough while in the editor if I flick the windspeed the flicker stops for a few seconds before repeating, but I figure that could be a fluke. 

Thank you in advance.  You guys have a wonderful product.  I plan on using this with my Military / Govt. simulation customers soon.    

Oh I should point out I'm also often (but not always) turning on/off the rain/snow during the time of day time lapse.  Just in case that matters or triggers an idea of what this sky flicker may be.

Thanks again.

I tried taking a video with Fraps but oddly it doesn't seem to do it when I'm running fraps - almost as if Fraps slows the frame rate down to where it doesn't occur.  I'm wondering am I time lapsing too fast?  1 GAIA minute per 1/60th of a second.    

6 hours ago, daxxus said:

I tried taking a video with Fraps but oddly it doesn't seem to do it when I'm running fraps - almost as if Fraps slows the frame rate down to where it doesn't occur.  I'm wondering am I time lapsing too fast?  1 GAIA minute per 1/60th of a second.    

Thank you for this info I am looking into this. 

Bryan if I build as a Windows standalone via a "Windowed" resolution the flicker does not happen (via that build).  So I'm going to be okay for my demo on Thursday, but ultimately I'd like to figure that out as in simulation we do TONS of time-of-day lapsing back/forth when we do AAR (After Action Reviews).  I appreciate your attention - you guys are awesome. 

On 2/22/2022 at 9:08 PM, daxxus said:

Bryan if I build as a Windows standalone via a "Windowed" resolution the flicker does not happen (via that build).  So I'm going to be okay for my demo on Thursday, but ultimately I'd like to figure that out as in simulation we do TONS of time-of-day lapsing back/forth when we do AAR (After Action Reviews).  I appreciate your attention - you guys are awesome. 

That is very interesting thank you for the info.