Howto: Rivers, Roads, Paths? - [solved]

Haxel0rd
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi,

i see there are River and Mountain spawners (not in the stamp tool- in the Biome spawners).
But until now, none of the procedural terrains had a River, am i missing something? Has this
maybe todo with that i am missing this GeNa plugin i have heard about? Not sure, until now,
i have not seen GeNa appearing anywhere in unity, also i do not understand what it's purpose
is, compared to Gaia (or does it complement Gaia in some way?) as from looking at info and
youtube videos, it seems to have similiar features. <= i am probably missing something?

Some clearance on these topics (rivers and GeNa) would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Haxel0rd changed the title to Howto: Rivers, Roads, Paths?
  • Solution
On 2/19/2022 at 5:03 AM, Haxel0rd said:

Hi,

i see there are River and Mountain spawners (not in the stamp tool- in the Biome spawners).
But until now, none of the procedural terrains had a River, am i missing something? Has this
maybe todo with that i am missing this GeNa plugin i have heard about? Not sure, until now,
i have not seen GeNa appearing anywhere in unity, also i do not understand what it's purpose
is, compared to Gaia (or does it complement Gaia in some way?) as from looking at info and
youtube videos, it seems to have similiar features. <= i am probably missing something?

Some clearance on these topics (rivers and GeNa) would be appreciated.

Thank you.

This would be correct, GeNa Pro has the ability to create rivers roads and paths. 
Along with a ton of other abilities. 

GeNa Pro is another asset of ours, that can be found on the asset store and through Canopy Pro Subscription.
GeNa Pro is great for runtime spawning, terrain modification, controlled spawning, roads, rivers, etc. 
Gaia and GeNa Pro are sister products they work really well together. 

What I typically do when I go in development is use Gaia for the world creation and global spawning, and then use GeNa Pro for roads, rivers, and level design. Due to GeNa Pro has the ability to modify the terrain when spawning this saves me tons of hours placing down objects as it conforms to the terrain. 

You can see in canopy our spawner packs these packs are preconfigured packs made with GeNa Pro that saves tons of hours. 
I do recommend taking a look at some of the tutorials to give you an idea of the full power that GeNa Pro has to offer: 
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gena-pro/37_tutorials/

Additionally you could look at some of the spawner packs to see the implementation of GeNa Pro in a level design aspect. 

Thanks a lot- i was really confused about these but now that i understand
GeNa, i will definately be getting it as soon as my current ToDo's are solved.
Marking the thread as solved, thanks you!

Cheers

• Haxel0rd changed the title to Howto: Rivers, Roads, Paths? - [solved]