Bug? Spawner broke randomly, all spawner information gone, Biome broken

Haxel0rd

Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello,

before i continue, i must meantion that this problem only occured once so far, and usually i wait until problems
re-appear, before opening a thread on it. But this was breaking and i needed to reconfigure a whole Biome that
had many custom spawners.

Setup:
Bug appeared while using Unity 2021.2.11f, GaiaPro 2021 with HDRP Renderpipeline and a custom biome with
a mix of default spawners and manual setup spawners.

Problem Description:
Randomly, the whole Childspawners of the Biome lost their information, i.e. when we take "Giant Forest - Stone"
spawner, then if you click on it, you get 4 child spawners for each different stone. All these child spawners as well
as parent/global masks, were gone - parent spawners lost all information, needed to rebuild the Biome from scratch.

I hope this was a one-time issue, but incase someone else faces this, please share your experience here.

Thanks and Cheers.

I have issued regularly with my custom biomes. I think the problem for me is that I duplicated an existing biome as a starting point. There seems to be references or ids that don't like being cloned. I've had terrain spawners break, spawning in wrong area / clearing spawn objects impacting other spawners and biomes. 

My plan for next week is to completely recreate my custom biomes from scratch, see if that helps. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2022 at 4:16 PM, mroshaw said:

I think the problem for me is that I duplicated an existing biome as a starting point. There seems to be references or ids that don't like being cloned.

Hey man,

thank you this is a good idea to watch at, i am sure i created most biomes custom,
but sometimes used this with default child-spawners, those may have fixed ID's too.
Will be on the watch and if this problem occurs again i will report back or pm you.

Thanks & Cheers.

• Solution
On 2/19/2022 at 4:57 AM, Haxel0rd said:

Hello,

before i continue, i must meantion that this problem only occured once so far, and usually i wait until problems
re-appear, before opening a thread on it. But this was breaking and i needed to reconfigure a whole Biome that
had many custom spawners.

Setup:
Bug appeared while using Unity 2021.2.11f, GaiaPro 2021 with HDRP Renderpipeline and a custom biome with
a mix of default spawners and manual setup spawners.

Problem Description:
Randomly, the whole Childspawners of the Biome lost their information, i.e. when we take "Giant Forest - Stone"
spawner, then if you click on it, you get 4 child spawners for each different stone. All these child spawners as well
as parent/global masks, were gone - parent spawners lost all information, needed to rebuild the Biome from scratch.

I hope this was a one-time issue, but incase someone else faces this, please share your experience here.

Thanks and Cheers.

There wasnt a restart or anything before the biome was saved correct? 
Just randomly clicked on it and that happened? 

Has this happened since? 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Bryan,

i have tried to recreate this but wasn't able to, and it hasn't happened since then.
We have to take into account that the time it happened, i was still new to Gaia and maybe have caused some unusual situations in the editor, or by messing with Pipeline settings. By today, i am now fully warm with Gaia and the scenario has not occured again anymore. So i will mark this post as solved and incase it happens again, i will just reopen the thread. I also keep in mmmind what mroshaw said about the ID's.

Thank you guys for getting back!

Cheers!

I just want to add in I had this happen once, quiet randomly. And I haven't been able to replicate that either.