Scene turns black when adding custom Terrain Texture to Texture Spawner

BYFo_Max
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

I'm using 2020.3.23f1 HDRP and Gaia 2021 Pro.

When I tried to add some Asphalt texture to the Texture Spawner Script as custom rule, the scene turns black.
But it only turns black as soon as only a single spot on the terrain is assigned to be asphalt.
What could be the problem? I want to paint some driveways and parking lots.

Thanks in advance.

• Solution

Hi @BYFo_Max are you exceeding 8 textures on the terrain shader? If yes, that is a limitation of the unity HDRP terrain shader, it supports 8 textures max. You would need to remove some textures, or consider doing the driveways and parking lots with meshes instead, which takes quite a bit more effort but would allow you to do things like road markings etc. as well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

So, I'm running into this issue now myself. 

Will there be any future updates where we can add more than one texture for hdrp? Or is that really all it can do? 

Would I still be able to just revert back to urp and be able to add more than 8 textures? I mean, sure, I can add mesh roads, but that doesn't seem like a very performance friendly option. I need dirt roads, and brick, etc as the project I'm working on is more like a medieval fantasy concept. (Video game)