Gaia visible terrain sews and no terrain grouping in editor

SwenSVK

Hello,

1. Question: Can I get rid of the visible terrain sews in textures? I always do spawn world when spawner. At this point I use only the texture spawner. It is visible horizontaly and verticaly as well. Especially the horizontal one looks really bad in game as its a line across the whole mountain.

2. Question: Is there a way how to move all terrains under one GameObject? I saw that in your tutorials - gameobject Gaia Terrains as in the picture from one of your devs (or does this happen only when there is single terrain? that would make no sense)

Gaia_stitch_horizontal-min.png

GaiaProperTerrainGroup-min.png

Gaia_terrainGroup.png

On 2/13/2022 at 11:27 AM, SwenSVK said:

Hello,

1. Question: Can I get rid of the visible terrain sews in textures? I always do spawn world when spawner. At this point I use only the texture spawner. It is visible horizontaly and verticaly as well. Especially the horizontal one looks really bad in game as its a line across the whole mountain.

2. Question: Is there a way how to move all terrains under one GameObject? I saw that in your tutorials - gameobject Gaia Terrains as in the picture from one of your devs (or does this happen only when there is single terrain? that would make no sense)

Gaia_stitch_horizontal-min.png

GaiaProperTerrainGroup-min.png

Gaia_terrainGroup.png

For question 2: 
The reason this is happening is because you are using terrain scenes and terrain loading. 
When you are finished with your terrains / world you can unload these. 

You would want these open to place spawned objects on the correct terrain. 
This helps with performance and culling / loading and unloading. 

Question 1: 
The reason you might be seeing these lines is due to the size of the world is exceeding the range of the stamper. 
Could you please show me your texture spawner? 

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

For question 2: 
The reason this is happening is because you are using terrain scenes and terrain loading. 
When you are finished with your terrains / world you can unload these. 

You would want these open to place spawned objects on the correct terrain. 
This helps with performance and culling / loading and unloading. 

Question 1: 
The reason you might be seeing these lines is due to the size of the world is exceeding the range of the stamper. 
Could you please show me your texture spawner? 

Hello Bryan, thank you for the answer. 
"When you are finished with your terrains / world you can unload these. " - what do you mean by this? When I am done with the terrain it will became one scene? Or you mean that I can load and unload the chunks of terrain I need to update?

And here is my texture spawner range. It is indeed smaller than the world even on max range. How can I extend that? The world is just in correct size and I want that as one semi open world sitting in one biome.

I always use Spawn world and the seams are on different places than are the borders of the spawner range.

TextueSpawner.png

2 hours ago, SwenSVK said:

Hello Bryan, thank you for the answer. 
"When you are finished with your terrains / world you can unload these. " - what do you mean by this? When I am done with the terrain it will became one scene? Or you mean that I can load and unload the chunks of terrain I need to update?

And here is my texture spawner range. It is indeed smaller than the world even on max range. How can I extend that? The world is just in correct size and I want that as one semi open world sitting in one biome.

I always use Spawn world and the seams are on different places than are the borders of the spawner range.

TextueSpawner.png

You can load and unload terrains if you need to update. 
What this does is allow you to have multiple scenes in one scene allowing you to work on without needing to go to each one separately. 

In the hierarchy - you should see the Terrain Loader 
image.png

In the inspector you can choose to load and unload the terrain there. 

Ok, thank you. I got it with the scene loaded.
And do I do something wrong with the spawner to have the seams visible? Do you need any additional info from me or is the screenshot good to work with?

23 hours ago, SwenSVK said:

Ok, thank you. I got it with the scene loaded.
And do I do something wrong with the spawner to have the seams visible? Do you need any additional info from me or is the screenshot good to work with?

You could try to add a distance mask, and or height mask. 
Add this to the top of the spawner or just the texture that is causing the issue, this should help. 
Change the distance mask to circle and not square. 
Then Spawn World. 

On 2/17/2022 at 11:04 PM, Bryan said:

You could try to add a distance mask, and or height mask. 
Add this to the top of the spawner or just the texture that is causing the issue, this should help. 
Change the distance mask to circle and not square. 
Then Spawn World. 

I tried different layers - nosie mask, distance mask. Also different approaches - spawn world, spawn local.

I am unable to get rid of the visible seams. Is there any setting I am missing?gaiaSpawner.thumb.png.619b11902f0bd08bbcdd8e8bca1ace8c.png

1 hour ago, SwenSVK said:

I tried different layers - nosie mask, distance mask. Also different approaches - spawn world, spawn local.

I am unable to get rid of the visible seams. Is there any setting I am missing?gaiaSpawner.thumb.png.619b11902f0bd08bbcdd8e8bca1ace8c.png

image.png

Have you tried this setup? Then spawn right there at the point and see if it goes away? 

• 8 months later...
On 2/24/2022 at 5:21 PM, Bryan said:

image.png

Have you tried this setup? Then spawn right there at the point and see if it goes away? 

I am having the same issue and I tried this setup as a solution and it hasn't worked to remove the very visible texture seams. I'm spawning a world of 4x4 1km tiles. What is another possible solution? Also, why is the spawn range capped at 2047?  If that is the issue, can't that cap be removed?