Making splotchy grass.

Gettinng IT up
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

My grass is a little to consistent and i would like to make it a little more splotchy/ patchy. should i just add a noise mask to the spawners? any screen shots would be great!

You could add it to the spawners yeah. The simple default isnt bad but you can zoom in and out to increase the size of the noise in the mask itself. 

image.png

zooming in on the mask would make it be in clumps more right?( like the black sections being zoomed in on would help spread it out right?)

• Solution

Zoomed in would make larger clumps yes, while zoomed out is more compacted. 
The more you zoom in the more you will get larger areas of grass and not as many. 
image.png
Make sure to hit the eye next to the color when doing this so you can visually see how this is being effected. 
Also make sure your gizmos is enabled so you can see the visualization (the eye ball color). 

• Like 1