Terrain details in build vs in play mode in editor

Jamward
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

I'm having an issue when creating a build of the game. Everything looks fine when the game is played in editor:

image.png.ae81d2c7866e21f1247157d710a4d96b.png

but after the game is built it looks like this:

image.png.59e4b84a113412689711cd52997cc92f.png

I'm using Flora to render the details, but it seems that when the game is built it renders all the details at the origin of each cell.

On 1/30/2022 at 10:22 AM, Jamward said:

I'm having an issue when creating a build of the game. Everything looks fine when the game is played in editor:

image.png.ae81d2c7866e21f1247157d710a4d96b.png

but after the game is built it looks like this:

image.png.59e4b84a113412689711cd52997cc92f.png

I'm using Flora to render the details, but it seems that when the game is built it renders all the details at the origin of each cell.

Can you please check to make sure that the flora shaders are included in the build settings. 

Not sure how to do that? Do you mean that I should add the shaders from "Assets/Procedural Worlds/Flora/Content Resources/Shaders" to Project Settings\Graphics ? If yes, then that doesn't help.

I also tried on a clear project with nothing but Gaia and Polygon Nature and PWS Nature installed, the result is still the same.

@Jamward Does the build still contain one of the Gaia Players by any chance? If yes, you could press F11 to bring the screenshot tool up, and try to adjust the flora density from there. It would be interesting to see if it reacts to that, it almost looks like to me it has a very low global density set for some reason. 
Is there any chance you can upload the project somewhere for us to take a look? If yes I can provide you with an upload link if needed.

Hey, there is no gaia players in the scence and the screenshotter is not added to the scene either.

However, the issue the issue resloved itself after I downgraded from Unity 2021.2.9 to 2021.2.5

Edited by Jamward

@Jamward We are having the strong suspicion that seems to be a bug in the higher Unity / HDRP versions. It looks like the HDRP Lit shadergraph node is not compatible with Instanced Indirect Rendering anymore in a build.  this does seem due to a change with how Instanced Indirect works on shadergraph shaders that utilize the HDRP Lit output node. It is currently not 100% clear if this is an unity bug, but it does not seem to be the C# code that performs the instanced indirect rendering for Flora as we can reproduce this with simple example scripts (independently from Gaia) as well.

Could this suspected bug also be present in URP? I posted elsethread on the same problem, scenario is almost identical except I am URP, I am on2021.2.9f1.

6 hours ago, Peter said:

@Sorra the Orc I checked and this seems indeed also be present in URP as well. This might then not be related to the render HD pipeline, but to the unity editor / and or shader graph then.

Good to know. I don't want to downgrade (other bugs there), so I'll leave Flora disabled for now. Thank you.