Game Ready Level - Fantasy Kingdom 01

Josh

The first "Game Ready Level" on Canopy has just arrived! "Game Ready Levels" are ready-made and optimized scenes that you can freely use for your own projects. The scene uses the Polygon - Fanatasy Kindgdom Asset Pack by Synty as common asset base, and was made with our own PWS Spawner Pack and GeNa and Gaia. It contains a complete island terrain with a lot of different locations for gameplay opportunities.
This is the first time we are releasing a complete scene ready for you to explore. You can use this scene as regular game level, for rapid prototyping game ideas, for inspiration and also as learning point for your own future scenes.
While our tools enable you to make a scene yourself quickly, nothing beats a complete scene out-of-the box.

Here is a trailer for the scene and a few screenshots:

711547944_Grab20220126053613w3840h2160x20y49z317r213.thumb.png.21624c5b5d9f5c1c14aaa3ad287ee612.png

416635008_Grab20220126053658w3840h2160x25y56z-158r328.thumb.png.952c61fcdffd2c50dc586ba48d8c5a78.png

1161172226_Grab20220126053757w3840h2160x294y24z348r253.thumb.png.aeaebcf026972b8560d2ed69e09cc178.png

365725856_Grab20220126054243w3840h2160x64y47z203r241.thumb.png.e25cb15a640459803d7681b8fd388e92.png

You can download the Game Ready Level as a Canopy Pro subscriberPlease find the downloads for the different pipeline versions here:

Built-In Version
URP Version 
HDRP Version

The pack comes with the original source scene with all the original tools intact, and two variations at different optimization levels that include mesh terrains, mesh combining, layer-based distance culling, light baking and baked occlusion culling.
To learn more, you can visit the documentation page in the library, or watch this quickstart video about how you can change the scene and then re-apply the same optimizations we did. This video might be worth a watch even if you not intend to use the Game Ready Level at all as the  optimizations shown could be applied to any scene you make with the Canopy Tools.

Quick start guide:

• Like 1

The PWS/PW_FlowRiver shader doesn't seem to be URP compatible. At least the auto conversion isn't working for me.

Edited by Sorra the Orc

Ok, so sticking with the basic material but changing the shader to `Shader Graphs/PW_RiverFlow_LitBasic.URP` kind of works. It's not black anymore, the flow is the wrong way on many parts of the river, but it is a start. It's now taken me quite some time to get this mostly working. Would be great to have a URP package included. 

Of course, it's taken me much less time to get to a reasonable state than it would to have built it in the first place. So... thank you!

(I'm using this scene in the Messy Coder Game Jam)

• Bryan featured this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

image.thumb.png.33877277cd75e5fded36e68d7a4d7a68.png

Not sure why but when I fresh install the built-in GRL it shows missing scripts in a few game objects...such as shown here

is there something I should do? Can I jus delete the missing component or what is your advice please?

@Rene Leger You are in the right spot, we did not get around to investigate yet. I just checked and I'm getting the same as well. I would need to check with the colleagues but I'm 99% sure that those are leftovers from some internal PW tools that were used to build the level and should not fulfill any function in the level anymore, so it should be safe to remove those.
I will confirm and then post here again when I know more.

@Rene Leger These are left over scripts from our source gena development and dev scripts. These missing scripts can just be removed and should not cause any problems.

Thank you for your help…you devs are amazing people and I already commented on your next GRL 2…it is even more incredible than the first…OMG…thank you..my imagination is overflowing with ideas…

So much respect

Rene Leger

image.thumb.png.9e96ba80c921cc3329e386c1f38e891a.png

May I ask how to fix this please...

When I install your fresh GRL 01 Built-in there is no water and I think I know to go to...

image.png.bda6fc9d503fe8769eadf562a4c454eb.png

and reselect the river extension...

image.png.0c3a9bac4de5738bac19b15030f5b4ec.png

however on a side note but still want you to know,  if you don't reselect the River Extension properly...ie click on the word Active...if you do this the entire inspector will shut down...

image.png.7f5452bddae1cdedab1e8dc1f54444b6.png

it cannot be fixed unless you load a different scene and then reload the source scene...

not sure if that supposed to happen or not...

so I reload the source scene again...

this time i click the circle picker to select the river extension...

and this happens...

image.thumb.png.96d20d438eeb639e6b963f56a9cfe0c1.png

both lakes this one and the other one at the other end of the spline...

how do I fill the lake with the river spline please help.

Rene

i am not sure why but I just loaded the source scene 01 again and reselected the river extension...and this is what it looks like at either ends...the lakes...

how do I make the river fill the basin or why is the river spline square at the end?

i am not sure what i am doing...

the tutorial looks nothing like this and the second scene rivers meshes do not look like the source file...

can you please help me understand 

Rene

image.thumb.png.d86e0cf06a9a3b2b054ff16ef24dbc20.png

I thought I might have messed up so I started a fresh project and fresh install of your GRL 01...

i then entered play mode and these warnings appear...

i can only make some go away by using this script...

using System.Collections.Generic;
  using System.Linq;
  using UnityEngine;
  using UnityEditor;
  public static class FindMissingScriptsRecursively
  {
  [MenuItem("Auto/Remove Missing Scripts Recursively Visit Prefabs")]
  private static void FindAndRemoveMissingInSelected()
  {
  // EditorUtility.CollectDeepHierarchy does not include inactive children
  var deeperSelection = Selection.gameObjects.SelectMany(go => go.GetComponentsInChildren<Transform>(true))
  .Select(t => t.gameObject);
  var prefabs = new HashSet<Object>();
  int compCount = 0;
  int goCount = 0;
  foreach (var go in deeperSelection)
  {
  int count = GameObjectUtility.GetMonoBehavioursWithMissingScriptCount(go);
  if (count > 0)
  {
  if (PrefabUtility.IsPartOfAnyPrefab(go))
  {
  RecursivePrefabSource(go, prefabs, ref compCount, ref goCount);
  count = GameObjectUtility.GetMonoBehavioursWithMissingScriptCount(go);
  // if count == 0 the missing scripts has been removed from prefabs
  if (count == 0)
  continue;
  // if not the missing scripts must be prefab overrides on this instance
  }

Undo.RegisterCompleteObjectUndo(go, "Remove missing scripts");
  GameObjectUtility.RemoveMonoBehavioursWithMissingScript(go);
  compCount += count;
  goCount++;
  }
  }

Debug.Log($"Found and removed {compCount} missing scripts from {goCount} GameObjects");
  }

// Prefabs can both be nested or variants, so best way to clean all is to go through them all
  // rather than jumping straight to the original prefab source.
  private static void RecursivePrefabSource(GameObject instance, HashSet<Object> prefabs, ref int compCount,
  ref int goCount)
  {
  var source = PrefabUtility.GetCorrespondingObjectFromSource(instance);
  // Only visit if source is valid, and hasn't been visited before
  if (source == null || !prefabs.Add(source))
  return;

// go deep before removing, to differantiate local overrides from missing in source
  RecursivePrefabSource(source, prefabs, ref compCount, ref goCount);

int count = GameObjectUtility.GetMonoBehavioursWithMissingScriptCount(source);
  if (count > 0)
  {
  Undo.RegisterCompleteObjectUndo(source, "Remove missing scripts");
  GameObjectUtility.RemoveMonoBehavioursWithMissingScript(source);
  compCount += count;
  goCount++;
  }
  }
  }

Am I doing something wrong ...

please help

Rene

After running this script on each game object in the hierarchy...

image.thumb.png.b47dc1ebe9bdf4a445d758906ec27e01.png

from 122 to 28...

it is these i cannot find or remove no matter what I try...

I finally solved the missing scripts issue using code similar to the code i pasted above...

i was altered to examine the entire project and not just game objects in the hierarchy!

amazing code to have as I discovered that i had imported a SYNTY package that was riddled with missing script references 

Sorry to bother you on this account

I still need help to understand the river meshes...please

• Tell a friend

Love Canopy - Procedural Worlds? Tell a friend!
  • Need help?

We work with some of the biggest brands in global gaming, automotive, technology, and government to create environments, games, simulations, and product launches for desktop, mobile, and VR.

Our unique expertise and technology enable us to deliver solutions that look and run better at a fraction of the time and cost of a typical project.

Check out some of our non-NDA work in the Gallery, and then Contact Us to accelerate your next project!