Invisible Terrain Details

Mijjuka
Go to solution Solved by Isaac,

Hi!

So I have this problem, that I can't get working the Alpine Meadow Spawner (just swapping etc did not play with masking and so on left all on default) with my Terrain Details Prefabs.

Unity 2021.2.8f1 URP (latest)
I must use 2021+ because I have a Dog Modell and it's hair made with Fluffy Grooming tool.
Using:
NatureManufacture Mountain Environment
Nature Shaders from Visual Design Cafe
----
I tried to use Prefab_grasses - with any Option I'm able to set regarding to shader, Prefab, or as Nature Asset Prefab via Nature Shader:
if I simply drag this in the Scene, all good.
If I use the Bushes or Trees all good.
Only the Terrain Detail with Render Mode Grass using any Prefab don't wan't to be visible when Spawned with the Spawner.
I't say it generated many many hurray but none of them wanna appear - both editor and game.
Standard 2D texture ones are fine.
Checked Culling, Camera Occlusion can't be the problem.
The NS can't be also, with the original prefab happens the very same.
NS I using for making NatureManufacture Assets to be interactive : Wind, or Collide with characters/objects.

Thank you in Advance.

1503280247_kp.thumb.png.f0d3bc499a7cfd557b161bcf34736bba.png

Edited by Mijjuka
Make it clear why i have to use currently that unity version instead lts one

Okay I guess I made a progress,
So I noticed that LOD Group Component is not supported by default either, as I tried to paint the grass with the Terrain Detail Brush.

So I made new Prefabs, without LOD Group Components.
With Flora or Without Flora now I see The Spawned Objects, but sadly the colors are.. err incorrect...

- It would be a very polite thing if that tool would support LOD groups / make a hint that it doesen't, in some future Update... 😅

kép.png

Hm, it didn't let me to post the next pic as comparison, but this is how the basic tool draws those prefabs.. lil bit different isn't it?
Until there's no fix for this issue, seems i have to make it manually 😕
Note: Not Only the colours are incorrect, it doesent interacts as it should just stands there.
Brushed ones ore fine.

Thanks in Advance for looking into it

hahaha.png

• Solution

This seems to be an issue with the new Unity Detail Rendering system they are adding in this newer version to support prefabs and instanced objects. Some shaders have support for it, others do not. For example, spawning a grass prefab with a custom shadergraph shader on it, produces this result with the options you posted in your screenshot:image.png.b4910b30924170ebdd89233f2b11224f.png

You may want to try using the spawn rule 'Enable GPU Instancing' and see if it creates any better results, as long as the material also has this option set.

image.png.2268871f7cb7ce17f5949bd5563537e5.png

I was able to get grass showing up without any color issues after using this option.image.png.c0b30943531eba9433dace36f70cc207.png

Hi, thanks for the reply, i tried it already just forgot to mention - with and without. Same heck happened.  On a lower version of unity I'm able to spawn no problem, even without GPU instancing . So what you say makes sense. 

I will try out pw_ prefabs vs. NM in the spawner.
with same options as yours:
----
update
----
yup, must be the Unity version apparently 😞
Hope they release soon LTS from 2021+ too 🙂

kép.png

Edited by Mijjuka
  • Like 1