Road is partially dark when Normal Strength is greater than 0

AdamBlas
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I try to replace default road texture with the one from Synty Apocalypse pack. In some places it looks great, but at some places road gets dark.

spacer.png

This is even more problematic on intersections, as there is a sharp edge.

spacer.png

I've already discovered that the problem is normal map setting in road profile. When you set normal strength to 0, problem dissapears. But I don't want to remove normals from road texture. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

You may need to do this with all parts of the road. 
I believe it should be two parts, road and intersection. 
Can you please check to see if you change both? 

@Bryan, if you talk about setting normal strength to 0 on both road and intersection, then yes, as I said, problem disappears.  If I won't find the solution, I'll set them to 0. But before that, I want to check if it is possible to fix that issue AND have normal maps with non-zero strength.

• Solution

Can you please try and turn off alpha clipping in the shader? 
This could potentially fix the issue without your normals being 0.