Reduce pop in

Mokyyyy
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

• Solution

You would need to adjust the lod levels to your liking. 
You could also use the photo mode and adjust them much quicker. 
Just make sure the settings are set to do not reset when closed in the Photo mode settings. 

To use photo mode you can press the "F11" to access it on windows. 
Then look at the vegetation and grass settings. 
Then Photo mode settings (last tab) to disable the reset when closed. 

10 hours ago, Bryan said:

hey thanks also I noticed that the area around my island is very small i instanty run out of land if i swim for a little bit how do i change this ? i dont want to create another world

also its pretty tedius to change lods manually so is there any fatser way ?

6 hours ago, Mokyyyy said:

hey thanks also I noticed that the area around my island is very small i instanty run out of land if i swim for a little bit how do i change this ? i dont want to create another world

That really depends. 
Do you mean that you have one island and then you loose it at some point when swimming? 
Do you have multiple small islands and you just need to adjust the terrain loader? 

You could use the terrain scanner: Window - Procedural Worlds - Gaia - Show Gaia Manager- Advanced - Tools. 
Then scan the terrain. 

Then you could create a new work make it larger and then stamp that new exr you just made. 
It will increase is size depending on the world size you want to make. 
This would be the quickest way to increase the world size. 

16 hours ago, Bryan said:

That really depends. 
Do you mean that you have one island and then you loose it at some point when swimming? 
Do you have multiple small islands and you just need to adjust the terrain loader? 

You could use the terrain scanner: Window - Procedural Worlds - Gaia - Show Gaia Manager- Advanced - Tools. 
Then scan the terrain. 

Then you could create a new work make it larger and then stamp that new exr you just made. 
It will increase is size depending on the world size you want to make. 
This would be the quickest way to increase the world size. 

I have one terrain then i just swim for like a second or two before falling into the abyss

If you want you could always click on the terrain and go to the add neighbor and select the sides of the terrain. 
Then it should add a flat terrain to the sides. 

You could add a plane on all sides as well. 

For your player are you using the Gaia Custom player if you have a custom player and camera? 
If not you would want to do this as the water system is supposed to follow the player. 

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

If you want you could always click on the terrain and go to the add neighbor and select the sides of the terrain. 
Then it should add a flat terrain to the sides. 

You could add a plane on all sides as well. 

For your player are you using the Gaia Custom player if you have a custom player and camera? 
If not you would want to do this as the water system is supposed to follow the player. 

just one last thing is it possible to know through code if its day or night I need it for a heat system also btw I am using the procedural worlds day and night cycle not any third party one

With the procedural worlds sky you could add a script that ties into it yes. 
However, depending on what you mean as a "heat system" we do have a Kalvin color mode that changes as well for seasons and other uses. Maybe take a look at that as well. 

With the procedural worlds sky you could add a script that ties into it yes. 
However, depending on what you mean as a "heat system" we do have a Kalvin color mode that changes as well for seasons and other uses. Maybe take a look at that as well. 

I will just do the basic hot in the day cold at night for now but can you tell me the syntax let's say that my script reference is heat so what will it be like for example heat.timeofday like that

10 hours ago, Mokyyyy said:

I will just do the basic hot in the day cold at night for now but can you tell me the syntax let's say that my script reference is heat so what will it be like for example heat.timeofday like that

I found it lets say you refernce the script as tod you can say tod.TimeOfDay = timevalue

• Bryan locked this topic