Shadow and Object Culling settings keep changing without intervention

mroshaw
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Yes, it's me again. Sorry!

I've noticed that the Player Culling settings keep changing, without my intervention! I have the Object Culling Settings and Shadow Culling Settings set just right for performance in my project.

However, every now and again I notice a build running slowly. When I check the Culling Settings, I find they've changed.

Is there something in Gaia that would manipulate these settings without my permission?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Oli

• Solution

Typically no, the only time it should get changed is if you change them or change to a different biome. 
Otherwise I have seen other assets adjust these when they have their own culling. Which can be a pain. 
I just ran into this same issue that another asset changed the culling and tags/layers. 

My best advice is to have everything in your project asset wise, and then change your layers or you could be dealing with this often the more you add to the project. 

Awesome, thanks Bryan.

I thought this was a "Gaia" thing, so good to know that layer culling config is actually a Unity thing that can be influenced by other assets.

• Bryan locked this topic