Texture Extension not present?

NicoMozes
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi There!

I was looking at the Highlights video for the road system, and for some reason the Texture Extension that is used here is not present on the Gena Pro?

When adding a Road Spline, it appears listed on the Connected Extensions, but when selecting it to follow along the video, the console throws a NullReference Exception and the spline becomes fully read and unusable. I can see the other extension scripts, but the Texture is not there.

Is that correct? How can I get that extension?

The console error is:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
GeNa.Core.GeNaTerrainExtensionEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/Extensions/GeNaTerrainExtensionEditor.cs:80)
GeNa.Core.SplineEditor.ExtensionPanel (System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/SplineEditor.cs:1144)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, UnityEngine.GUIStyle labelStyle, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (System.String nameKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean defaultStatus, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
GeNa.Core.SplineEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/SplineEditor.cs:694)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass59_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <b91b1302fac5442b87d8c7d7002f3ab8>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Thanks in advance!

Nico

image.png.cc2f85d663148f2d41bdfba9478b333f.png

image.png.2cef5ef545f88cf31f52b64ab6dcc3ba.png

Hi there!

This issue has been fixed in the new latest version of GeNa (v3.3.21).
You can download it via the Unity Package Manager or via Canopy if you are a subscriber here: 

Hi Manny,

I have updated the package, and it is now working but with a small difference.

The road texture ss is from my project, the second ss is from the Library video.

No matter what settings I choose, it will always be with very hard edges.

Is there a quick fix for this?

Thanks!

Nico

RoadTexture.JPG

RoadTexture2.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I am getting this GeNa error in Unity 2022.2.11, perhaps it is linked to the memory management change mentioned here?

On 12/30/2022 at 4:51 PM, Peter said:

Hi @redkardevs & @Inc, thanks for reporting! We looked into this and this is indeed a bug in Gaia that only shows in the Unity 2022.2 version. Unfortunately this release seems to made some changes to asset / memory management that create issues in portions of Gaia that have been running without issues in all earlier versions.
These problems are difficult for us to detect because the same code can run fine without problems in certain constellations where in others it creates the errors you were reporting. We were able to reproduce the issue you reported and an update is on the way and should be available in a few hours.

Would it be possible to get a fix? Thanks.

Hi @OscarB,

could you please copy and paste the full error message from the lower part of the console window into here, and give a bit of context when it appears? It would be strange if it is the exact error as originally posted above, since that one was confirmed to be fixed already.
The linked Gaia issue should not have anything to do with the errors / issues mentioned in this thread.

20 hours ago, Peter said:

could you please copy and paste the full error message from the lower part of the console window into here, and give a bit of context when it appears?

Hello, yes the error message is:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
GeNa.Core.GeNaTerrainExtensionEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/Extensions/GeNaTerrainExtensionEditor.cs:95)
GeNa.Core.SplineEditor.ExtensionPanel (System.Boolean helpEnabled) (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/SplineEditor.cs:1173)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, UnityEngine.GUIStyle labelStyle, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (UnityEngine.GUIContent panelLabel, System.String helpKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean ignoreGuiChange, System.Boolean defaultStatus, System.Boolean showVersionNumber, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
PWCommon5.EditorUtils.Panel (System.String nameKey, System.Action`1[T] contentMethod, System.Boolean defaultStatus, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at <5e780e565d3b4b63836c767b4e8e9d7f>:0)
GeNa.Core.SplineEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/SplineEditor.cs:701)
UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass71_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <9dccbc75b8a249d78358fb192f335670>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

It happens when I add a terrain extension to a spline, and set the effect type to texture, (while there is a missing terrain layer on the terrains).

Hi @OscarB, thanks for adding those details! I was able to reproduce the issue, the problem is caused by the missing layer as it "confuses" GeNa's internal understanding of the textures / layers on the terrain. We will fix this, in the meantime you should be able to work around this by either supplying the missing layer again, or by removing the missing layer from the terrain.
In general I would try to get the missing layer fixed as this might cause issues in any other assets as well that are depending on the terrain layers.

• Like 1