Water Reflection problems.

BFlood
Go to solution Solved by BFlood,

I'm having an issue with water reflections in my scenes. It looks fine in the Editor but when I go into play mode it's like reflections are being disabled. I'm still fiddling with it trying to find out why it's doing that but if anyone has any hints I'd be happy to hear them.

Screenshot 2022-08-25 222652.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-25 223413.jpg

Worth noting, in Camera mode the Post Processing effects apply just fine with Reflections. However I can't seem to get the player camera to do the same.1148182171_Screenshot2022-08-25225449.thumb.jpg.5c4f9c889f333a55f69cde82c776cb67.jpg

• Solution

Okay after posting this I fixed it myself by doing a bit of sleuthing on my own part. I decided to start the runtime and found a patch of water to observe results and started playing with the Custom Distance on the Water Reflection settings and found out the culling distances were too short by default so I adjusted them and now it's working like it should.

You can of course just disable it entirely by Unchecking the "Enable Custom Distance" box and it should work like normal.

image.png.af0311a9802b87aa454a0a117cdf88d9.png

• Like 1