Scene loader feedback

Mike Wuetherick

Just made a new scene, using multi-scene terrain loading, hit play....

kaboom

image.thumb.png.fa4805d98145ca60bd2807bf5db6efc3.png

Sure it's an easy fix, but shouldn't it check and/or prompt me to add the scenes to my build settings when I make the new scene like this? Would be nice to auto prompt...

or...when I try to run the scene the first time maybe pop a 'hey dummy did you remember to add the scenes to  your build settings? here's a handy button to do that .... (which I know exists somewhere in here)'

Yeah you would want to go to the Terrain Loading Manager. 
Terrains - Add terrain scenes to the build settings. 
image.png

As for the comment to Auto do it. 
Sometimes this is a good thing and sometimes its a bad thing. 
Thats why we have the manager here, as its better to not mess with the project until you are done and there is a button to add them. Deleting them is honestly a pain if you have a ton to delete. 

aaand. ran into this again when I baked scenes to imposters, which are apparently a whole other batch of scenes I need to add...

Still feel like sanity checking and prompting might be a good idea 😜image.thumb.png.7052fc136f54fa1f70106ff30846c5e6.png

I think this was something we were looking into for terrains and imposters to select certain ones (more than one). 
Currently its not possible its all of them or one of them.