Desert Biome Spawner raising outer terrain

Martin
Go to solution Solved by Martin,

I had my terrain stamped and all aligned but then when I ran the desert biome spawner it seemed to have raised the outer edges of the world which had nothing to do with the spawner, I've included the mast preview so you can see where it was supposed to spawn. 

Watch when I click "Spawn biome" how it reverts back to the way its supposed (0:22s), or its state that I designed it to be then directly after raises the outer edges of the world again (0:23s).

• Solution

I've solved it - think it was a miss click while the Unity was loading, and added a new spawner for height by accident 

Hi @Martin thanks for sending those detailed reports with videos & thanks for updating with the solution as well! There is indeed a spawner in the biome that slightly raises the terrain along the spawned rocks to give the impression that sand has accumulated around them.
This is done with a so-called "Terrain Modifier Stamp". You can find more info about this feature here under section 3.1.3:
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/gaia-pro-2021/written-articles/populating_your_world/1-spawner-introduction-r54/

Did you by any chance have additional masks on the biome controller itself? If yes, this could lead to a conflict with the terrain modifier stamp, this is described in this thread with a workaround / fix as well:
https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/forums/topic/821-deep-desert-biome-spawn-height/#comment-3721

• Thanks 1

• Bryan locked this topic