Deep Desert Biome Spawn Height

Valority
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi,

When I spawn the "Deep Desert Stylized" biome pack, the biome is spawned beneath the rest of the terrain. Like shown in the attached image.

This only happens with the Deep Desert biome, because as you can see on the image, the Coniferous Forest Biome spawns just fine.

image.thumb.jpeg.1b8a71eae218e3067fca16c4966f4d59.jpeg

• Solution

@Valority hmm, that is odd, but I have a suspicion what might be responsible for this: There is a spawn rule inside the biome that uses a so called "Terrain Modifier stamp" to elevate the sand around the rocks and stone pillars a bit, giving the effect that sand accumulated at these structures. I could imagine that this effect is responsible for the terrain sinking in when combined with a biome mask. Could you please try to deactivate this spawn rule before running the spawn:

image.png

Update: I checked this on my end, and this is indeed a conceptual issue with this spawner: The effect uses a collision mask to get the areas close to the rocks to lift them up a little (red circle in the scene), but the mask on the biome controller makes it so the entire area outside gets lifted as well:

image.png

To counteract this, you can copy the mask in the biome controller into this spawn rule, but then invert it - this should mask out all the area outside the desert biome again, and the effect should work as desired:

image.png

If you have trouble getting your original terrain heights back, note that a spawn that has such an effect in it will create a backup of the heightmap when it is spawned for the first time. You should be able to restore the state from before the desert biome was first spawned from the session manager here:

image.png