Gaia Water Surface Coordinates

Laurel.H
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

Hi,

I just have a quick question in regards to the Water system in Gaia. Im unsure if this is a bug or simply a limitation.

Ive noticed that I can move the water in the Y coordinates, but if I change the coordinates in X and Z it will look correct in scene mode but the moment I hit play they revert back to the default coordinates that it originally spawned in.  Is this a limitation or a bug?

• Solution

Hi @Laurel.H, this is most likely a feature of the water system getting in your way: Try to switch off "Infinite Mode" here:

image.png

When "Infinite Mode" is on, the water mesh will follow the player / camera position around, to give the impression of an "endless" ocean, when the setting is off you should be able to position on the X/Z axis and it should stay put.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Hi @Laurel.H, this is most likely a feature of the water system getting in your way: Try to switch off "Infinite Mode" here:

image.png

When "Infinite Mode" is on, the water mesh will follow the player / camera position around, to give the impression of an "endless" ocean, when the setting is off you should be able to position on the X/Z axis and it should stay put.

Thank you, I will try that now 🙂 🙂 🙂