Would it be possible to use Gaia at runtime?

Martin

Would I be able to generate a terrain with predefined shape and stamps settings on startup of the the unity application?

Psuedo code- 

RunApplication()

{

GenerateTerrain(size: 400, rivers: 4, mesas: 10, shapeStrength: 1.5, shapeFrequence: 10);

LoadRestOfApplicationUsingGeneratedTerrain()

}

Hi @Martin, no that is not possible unfortunately: Gaia makes heavy use of functionality in the unity editor that is only present during design time and will therefore not work in a standalone build.

• 2 months later...

Hello @Bryan - I would specifically be interested if it's possible at runtime to spawn roads by specifying the splines and other parameters? The video presentation of the Runtime API only shows specific preset spawning, and I'm wondering if road splines can also be specified. Thanks!

Can you please check the asset samples - script examples. 
This is possible to do and we have something already that you can look into.