Mesh blending with GTS?

PhotonWolfsky

I don't see this feature anywhere, but I wanted to ask about it just in case.

Does GTS have any built in mesh blending for the terrain? For stuff like putting rocks on the terrain and having the grass texture continue on top of the rock to blend it into the terrain. This kind of thing is pretty important for my level design since terrain is limited and can't create certain shapes that rocks can, and rocks just look unnatural if they can't blend as part of the terrain, especially for rock slopes.

Anyway, it's slightly a make or break use case for me at the moment. I already own GTS, so if I can't blend meshes onto it, then I'll just save it for another project that won't use blending. But here's hoping.

Hi @PhotonWolfsky,

GTS does not currently support mesh blending. It is a feature we are researching though, as we want a solution that is both scalabe and optimized, particularly for working across multiple terrain segments without causing a major overhead as the number of terrain tiles increase.